Re: Some websites inaccessible

I can get on Facebook now.

Whew!

(from Dallas, TX)

riturno

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
reply to TexZenFool

Had problems this morning. No Netflix, Amazon instant, and some websites wouldn't load. Others would. I was using open dns servers.

Surprisingly problems went away when I changed to atts dns servers. Don't know if these are linked.

Slingerland2

join:2009-09-08
Little Rock, AR
reply to TexZenFool

Everything is back in Little Rock. 72201

vengance01

join:2009-03-06
Encino, CA
reply to TexZenFool

Anyone have U-Verse TV that was affected as well?

benk016

join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK

I have Uverse TV and didn't notice anything unusual about it this morning. But only tried 1 channel.

whamel
billhamel .net
Premium
join:2002-05-09
Hinsdale, IL
kudos:10
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
reply to TexZenFool

Click for full size
channels not resolving DMS
this could be why I was having DNS issues with Vista. Was factory re install of the OS, and when it came time to "connect to internet" and activate the software, I kept getting DNS resolving errors....
--
Hinsdale, IL - »www.billhamel.net

commentor

@sbcglobal.net

There was a National Internet outage with U-Verse this morning which caused the above issues you were experiencing. It was resolved just before 12 pm CST.

chi_anabasis

join:2014-01-28
United State

Are there any technical details regarding this outage, other than a vague "outage." I can verify that it was related to Akamai, at least everything I tested, and nothing else, was. Traffic to Akamai servers was being routed erratically. Trying simultaneous pings of the affected Akamai servers from inside the U-verse network, and outside, resulted in successful pings from outside. The reason changing DNS resolution may have helped is because the Google and other servers would likely return different Akamai servers, as those are optimized based on your geographic location.

dag264

join:2008-08-17
Arlington, VA
reply to TexZenFool

I can't access www.twitter.com on my home Wifi with Uverse. Tried the DNS change with no luck.

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8

It's working for me.

Yesterday morning, I was having trouble visiting all sorts of sites.