maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3
reply to TexZenFool

Re: Some websites inaccessible

It's AT&T's DNS servers. So I changed them on 2 of my devices and they work now. I'm not going to change my other 8 devices for now. I may get a different router so I can use my own DNS servers instead of being forced to use AT&T ones. Hopefully they will sort it out soon, if their DNS servers are baked, could be that TV is affected too. I don't have U-Verse TV.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
said by maartena:

It's AT&T's DNS servers. So I changed them on 2 of my devices and they work now. I'm not going to change my other 8 devices for now. I may get a different router so I can use my own DNS servers instead of being forced to use AT&T ones. Hopefully they will sort it out soon, if their DNS servers are baked, could be that TV is affected too. I don't have U-Verse TV.

I was about to suggest that! Primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4 (Google). Maybe do a tracert to a problem site to see where it breaks.

By the way... I'm on ATT's DNS servers right now, and can get to all the sites listed in the thread. I am also on the other coast though.

jwalz

@sbcglobal.net
AT&T U-Verse is up now for me in 60540