Search similar:

uniqs

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

1 recommendation

Grimm to Octavean

to Octavean

Re: The Walking Dead Returns Feb 9, 2014

Any thoughts on the Beth and Daryl situation(s)? I have a feeling they are somehow connected and this other 'group' will player a larger role in the coming episodes. Maybe Terminus is some sort of trap. IDK.

I wouldn't call last night's episode a 'snooze fest'. There was plenty of walker killing. A lot more than plenty of other episodes.

I'm surprised people still don't understand this isn't a show about killing walkers. It's a show about surviving in the zombie apocalypse and the stories behind the survivors.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Octavean

to Octavean
Walking Dead is easily the most inconsistent show I've ever watched.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
The problem I have is that I don't much care about any of the characters anymore. They're too dumb.
I mean, they've lived through so much and continue to do such outrageously dumb things that I often think "I hope that walker bites him on the face and one of his friends has to put him down."

I was hoping that when Abraham got to the show that they'd all find each other and start a road trip, which could be interesting. They'd have a goal other than just survival. No, they'll stretch out the group's separation, throw some ninja stealth zombies at them, have some boring conversations, and then get the group together for the last minutes of the season finale.
I hope "Terminus" is a big trap and everyone falls for it.

And the funny thing is, members of the group killing walkers is probably one of the least interesting things that happens on the show.

Grimm

Grimm

Sounds to me like you and many others are simply over the show.

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

said by Grimm:

Sounds to me like you and many others are simply over the show.

Its gotten worse as the seasons have gone by. The writing isn't as good, more filler episodes and the acting is lacking too. I laughed when Rick and Carl were trying to cry when the saw the baby seat all bloody after the prison fight was over thinking she was dead.

They are always getting surprised by the zombies, last show Daryl opened the door without even looking when you could see the zombies through the cracks. I mean they should be pros at detecting them by now.

For me I lost a lot of interest when my wife and I powered through all the seasons of Breaking Bad last year up until the last 5 episodes. Acting and writing wise that show was incredible and I guess after seeing it the other shows really pale in comparison.

I'll still watch Walking Dead but my enthusiasm and expectation level for it has gone way down.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
I'd definitely like to see the show return to the way it was in the first season, them trying something new (and sometimes making mistakes) instead of doing the same things over and over and making the same dumb mistakes.

And the amount of filler is pretty disgusting seeing as the source material is so much better.

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

1 edit

Fir_Na_Tine to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
"Just look at the flowers ok"

Wow wasn't expecting that. Very dark episode, Carol is one tough woman.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

She had to do it. The kid was mentally sick and grasped onto a delusional world. They could never have healed her with the resources they have access to, the risk is simply too small.

If they had abandoned her, she would have starved or died alone, suffering. Ending her life was the humane thing to do, and a necessary step for their safety.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
I was amused that the one girl had no problems killing the walkers while her sister couldn't kill living things.

But I agree that the one girl was too messed up in the head to even have around anymore. When she started taling about how they could be like them and she started playing tag with one then crying that it was her friend....serious red flags.

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

She had to do it. The kid was mentally sick and grasped onto a delusional world. They could never have healed her with the resources they have access to, the risk is simply too small.

If they had abandoned her, she would have starved or died alone, suffering. Ending her life was the humane thing to do, and a necessary step for their safety.

I should have clarified, I understand they had no choice but kill her. Just surprised of the very darkness episode. One of the better ones for sure.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

certainly is the best of this half season so far

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

Rook008 to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Oh man I hope Carl's next.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to TigerLord

MVM

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

In the books it was Carl who took it upon himself to dispatch a young orphaned mentally ill sociopath who was showing early signs typical of serial killers (harming small animals). He had a twin brother whom he eventually killed both were playmates of Carl and Sophia.

The books did a really good job with this morbid and sad subject. The TV series simply changed the players around a bit but didn't really bring anything new to the table.

Having young Carl do this left the reader wondering how this would effect his psyche and what kind of monster he "might" become as he grows into a man. With Carol already being an adult,.... not so much.

I'm still a fan of the ongoing comic book series and TV series either way though,...

However, I don't quiet feel as though they are doing the original work justice.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

That's what I like about Carol, she makes the hard decisions and does what's necessary, like Shane used to.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
And Carol tops it off with the Big Confession.

That big scene at the end reminded of the end of Of Mice and Men (though of course Lennie wasn't psycho).

And who woulda thunk that they would find a functioning gas stove this far into the zombie apocalypse?

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
This was one of the best episodes of the season -- the darkness of it was what made some of the earlier episodes shine and it did so again tonight.

I agree, Lizzie had some really serious mental issues going on and it sounded like they began well before the zombiepocolypse but the stress of the situation, and the lack of proper medication, only made things worse.

There were hints in the earlier episodes - like who was feeding the mice. I had a feeling it was Lizzie and ultimately they would have to put her down. I didn't expect her to kill her sister first. I like to think the younger sister died protecting the infant @$$ kicker.

Carol has been a great character throughout the series, starting off as the abused and quiet house wife to the woman who "does what needs to be done".

Rook008: I like the comparison you drew to Shane. I thought he was one of the best characters on the show and feel that Rick in many has become that man, although at times the weight is shared by Carol and Darrol.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Rook008

MVM

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

That's what I like about Carol, she makes the hard decisions and does what's necessary, like Shane used to.

Its a reasonable comparison.

However, I don’t agree with it fully for subtle reasons. In the case of Shane you couldn't divorce the fact that much of what he did was also self serving despite the assertion that he was motivated by what was best for the group or others. In other words a tainted motivation.

For example, wounding Otis allowed the necessary medical supplies to be delivered for Carl's operation at the farm but it also allowed Shane to Survive that night. That wasn't a selfless act by any means. At the end was Shane really trying to dispatch Rick so that he could help the group survive (as its leader) or was he simply trying to get Rick out of the way so he could rekindle his relationship with Lori,....?

Unlike Carol,....

Carol put herself at great personal risk of infection when she covertly dispatched the girlfriend of Tyreese at the prison and she did so (mistakenly and ineffectually) for the group. for this to be equivalent to Shane and his tainted motives, Carol would have to of had a physical / romantic relationship with Tyreese (like she did have in the books).

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to SixOfNine

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

That big scene at the end reminded of the end of Of Mice and Men (though of course Lennie wasn't psycho).

That's because it was a literal rip-off from Of Mice and Men.

The writers will call it a an "homage" of course, but it wasn't nearly as good as oMaM. I find Gary Sinise is a terrible, terrible actor though, he has no range whatsoever, but John Malkovich made the whole scene anyway.

Carol's confession was a good scene, but the other dude is not a great actor either, so I found myself laughing.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

And who woulda thunk that they would find a functioning gas stove this far into the zombie apocalypse?

I found that odd too.

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

said by Voxxjin:

said by SixOfNine:

I found that odd too.

I did as well but if its propane which it probably was considering the house seemed out in the middle of the woods then its plausible. Also the house look pretty much intact and had a working well too.

Hell I'd stay there, go out and find a working backhoe/excavator and dig a trench/moat around the perimeter of the property so walkers can't get in.
andy33
join:2013-11-19
india

andy33 to Octavean

to Octavean
This season is not as good as the previous ones. Disappointed.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Sunday, March 30
The Walking Dead (AMC) season 4 finale

Grimm

Grimm

pssst.... it's season 4

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

Hell I'd stay there, go out and find a working backhoe/excavator and dig a trench/moat around the perimeter of the property so walkers can't get in.

You know, that's not too bad of an idea. Granted its not perfect and zombies will simply "overflow" the ditch at somepoint and cross that way but it would be a good way to slow them down when you are trying to strategically exit the area.

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

said by PhoenixDown:

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

You know, that's not too bad of an idea. Granted its not perfect and zombies will simply "overflow" the ditch at somepoint and cross that way but it would be a good way to slow them down when you are trying to strategically exit the area.

Either that or build a nice tree house. I'd be sleeping in trees since the walkers wouldn't even know your there and even if they did they can't climb but I guess they could wait you out.

A underground bunker would work too.

I also always thought that small groups of people are surviving but large military units didn't. Doesn't make sense but I hopefully we'll find out more later.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Fir_Na_Tine

MVM

to Fir_Na_Tine
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

Good idea but a recurring theme of the show and books is that the walking dead, while dangerous, are not as dangerous as other survivors looking to take what you have. We've already seen examples of this,....

For what its worth, in the books, one group not yet seen in the TV series actually used bound / confined / impaled zombies outside their compound as protection against attacking groups of human survivors

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to PhoenixDown

Premium Member

to PhoenixDown
said by PhoenixDown:

zombies will simply "overflow" the ditch at somepoint and cross that way

I figured you could just throw some molotov cocktails or just pour some gas on them in the ditch and burn them every so often.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
So uh, anyone else immediately think Fallout at that cold open?

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

2 recommendations

Fir_Na_Tine to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Click for full size

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
So it just dawned on me, while watching last nights episode, who the guys with Darryl are.
Rick 'met' them in the house and killed their friend in the bathroom.