spc
Search similar:

uniqs

pennybuster2
@metlife.com

pennybuster2

Anon

[OOL] Optimum email dropped repeatedly from Android phone

I have had my Optimum email stop coming to my Android phone 3 times in the last 9 days. Has anyone else had this problem? I went to a Verizon wireless store for help the 1st 2 times and they were successful in deleting the account and re-adding it and that fixed the problem for 2-3 days. Now this has happened a 3rd time. I shouldn't have to continually delete my email account from my phone and re-add it to receive my optimum emails. Verizon says that since this is happening repeatedly in a short period of time that it is an Optimum problem, not a Verizon problem.
What is going on? What can I do to fix this?
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Does it happen on wifi or just 4G? In addition, you can set it up on a PC in Windows Mail / Thunderbird / etc. and see if you can get the mail there when it fails on your phone. That would tell you if there is a CV mail server issue or a phone issue.

OptimumHelp
join:2001-04-04
Bethpage, NY

OptimumHelp to pennybuster2

to pennybuster2
Hello,
It seems as though it is not an issue with the ool email servers because deleting the email account info and re adding it would not fix a server issue. If you are able to check your email through any other means such as on the website or through a mail client on a pc, that would ensure it is not server relater. It sounds to me like it is a glitch with the phone's mail software. But to be sure I would suggest calling in so that we can troubleshoot properly and we'll be able to tell you for sure.

pennybuster2
@optonline.net

pennybuster2

Anon

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately I am working 13 hour days right now and just can't do a phone call. Can we try to troubleshoot thru here? I have no trouble accessing email thru the web both from my phone or PC. Here are my current incoming settings -
POP3 server = mail.optonline.net
Port = 110
Security type = none
Authentication method = password

In general settings my version is 4.7.

I just received 1 email for the 1st time in 3 days. But that's it, just one. There should be a lot more than that.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hologram
@optonline.net

Hologram to pennybuster2

Anon

to pennybuster2
said by pennybuster2 :

I have had my Optimum email stop coming to my Android phone 3 times in the last 9 days. Has anyone else had this problem? I went to a Verizon wireless store for help the 1st 2 times and they were successful in deleting the account and re-adding it and that fixed the problem for 2-3 days. Now this has happened a 3rd time. I shouldn't have to continually delete my email account from my phone and re-add it to receive my optimum emails. Verizon says that since this is happening repeatedly in a short period of time that it is an Optimum problem, not a Verizon problem.
What is going on? What can I do to fix this?

I used to have the original moto droid years ago, and the above was an infrequently returning menace with the original mail program that came with Android/the phone.
It was solely some problem with that app , I replaced it with a nice free email prog called K-9 (»play.google.com/store/ap ··· k9&hl=en) , which kept me happy and working until the phone got retired.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to pennybuster2

to pennybuster2
Those settings are correct. If you aren't using any other pop mail client that is deleting the messages from the mail server, then you likely have a client issue. You could validate by either setting up another device with a mail client or try another mail client on the same phone. You would use the same settings that you listed above.