uniqs

smunro622
Premium Member
join:2006-02-15
united state

smunro622

Premium Member

Home router

has anyone here used on of these skydog routers?
»skydog.com/

i use a sonicwall tz215 with comp security gateway and open dns.
I can do everything these can just curious due to the price.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

1 recommendation

Anav

Premium Member

The cloud belongs to the NSA. Why bother.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to smunro622

MVM

to smunro622
quote:
Powerful Home Gateway

The Skydog Router is a compact and elegant device that packs powerful connectivity options with concurrent dual-band 600-class 802.11n Wi-Fi. A dual radio configuration, four-port gigabit Ethernet switch and high-quality, built-in antennas provide sustained connection speeds on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. In addition to support for the current 802.11n standard, it is backwards compatible with legacy 802.11a, b, and g clients.

The firmware powering the Skydog Router leverages years of development experience creating enterprise networking devices with a specific focus on efficiency and reliability. It brings breakthrough capabilities to every home network, making high end, business-class technologies affordable and usable for the consumer. Some of these include Quality-of-Service (QoS) and active prioritization, wireless signal quality detection and monitoring, and Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) for multiple, concurrent service zones.

Up to four additional Skydog Routers can be added to a network in "Range Extender" mode to bring seamless wireless connectivity across larger homes. Adding a range extender is incredibly easy and it does not require any manual configuration. As it is registered online and connected to the primary Skydog router (Gateway), it automatically gets configured by the Cloud Service to inherit all the settings of the existing network and flawlessly cooperate with the main gateway.

Technology

The Skydog Router utilizes Qualcomm-based dual 2x2 MIMO 802.11a/b/g/n radios and a CPU architecture that offers clean RF signal processing, reliable connectivity and superior computing power to support high-intensity use. Its firmware is based on a robust Linux core directly derived from the development of enterprise networking devices offering advanced features unavailable in other home networking routers.
...everything else is fluff... far as I can tell.

And personally, I don't do fluff. Show me the hardware and show me what it can do under load.

Regards

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to smunro622

MVM

to smunro622
said by smunro622:

has anyone here used on of these skydog routers?
»skydog.com/
I can do everything these can just curious due to the price.

Very interesting and certainly compelling solution for home networking -- I'd like to see them provide QUALCOMM's 3x3 MIMO instead of 2x2 MIMO. The entry price is very attractive.