spc
Search similar:

uniqs

want2port
@pmac.ca

want2port

Anon

[PHONE] porting out telephone service

I would like to port out from Cogeco my phone service, but the recipient (VoIP) company wants to see the phone number displayed on the bill. It is strange, but this number is nowhere displayed. Is it the same for all Cogeco customers? Has anyone else ported out one's number? If yes, how was that resolved?

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

As far as I know, you should just put the service number in there (the number we service for you right now).

Just a heads up, don't call and cancel the service. Wait until the number is fully ported and then just call to confirm the service was cancelled.

want2port
@pmac.ca

want2port

Anon

said by Cogeco_Aaron:

As far as I know, you should just put the service number in there (the number we service for you right now).

I did just that, but they want the phone number displayed.
said by Cogeco_Aaron:

Just a heads up, don't call and cancel the service. Wait until the number is fully ported and then just call to confirm the service was cancelled.

Yes, I know. That's why I do not want to call Cogeco, so that they do not do anything 'bad' by mistake.
Livadia
join:2007-12-18
Canada

Livadia to Cogeco_Aaron

to Cogeco_Aaron
But why doesn't Cogeco include the phone number along with the service provided? Especially when the number is considered to be 'owned' by the subscriber.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to want2port

to want2port
i guess gogeco makes it harder to port out of as they must know that competitors require proof of number ownership.
photoshop your number into a bill or ask for a bill w/phone number displayed, they could also call the number to confirm ownership but dont see many voip providers doing that