spc
uniqs

wolf
@comcast.net

wolf to SpHeRe31459

Anon

to SpHeRe31459

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

I'd settle for an (user-selectable) Audio pass-through option then, which the older boxes also had. Feed my receiver a PCM signal for those channels that don't transmit in DD. I don't know why this didn't bother me more before with X1 & X2, but lately getting that "hollow" (no center channel) sound from non-DD stations is really bugging me. I really don't like having to reset the audio output on the box to Stereo every time, then forget to set it back to Surround for the DD channels.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by wolf :

I'd settle for an (user-selectable) Audio pass-through option then, which the older boxes also had. Feed my receiver a PCM signal for those channels that don't transmit in DD. I don't know why this didn't bother me more before with X1 & X2, but lately getting that "hollow" (no center channel) sound from non-DD stations is really bugging me. I really don't like having to reset the audio output on the box to Stereo every time, then forget to set it back to Surround for the DD channels.

I'm with ya, there should be a straight passthrough option. After all that's what settings like Dolby ProLogic II are for. Letting you handle the soundfield, if you want a center channel mix, or a straight stereo mix, etc.