spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sirraf511
join:2014-01-27
Liberty, KY

sirraf511

[Speed] Un-Acceptable Speeds From Windstream

Paid for 12mb and was getting .7-1.2 download speeds. After multiple calls and multiple answers/sollutions it did not get better. One technician stated it was because I was on the boderline of 12mb and I should switch back to 6mb to resolve the problem. He guaranteed that would fix the slow speeds. Well today it was switched back to 6mb but still getting the downloads between .7-1.2. Talked to technician today and his answer was latency issues and there was nothing he could do about it. That is very poor customer service ridiculously slow speeds, and basically false advertising from Windstream. I filed a complaint today with the FCC. I guess it's time to start looking for another provider.
sirraf511

sirraf511

Just called technical service and was once again given the run around. I don't think Windstream has any plans to resolve this issue. Just posted a complaint with Attorney General's Office, FTC and BBB. May not help, but sure can't hurt. Nothing else seems to work.
Foxillus
join:2013-11-25
Russell Springs, KY

2 edits

Foxillus to sirraf511

to sirraf511
I live near Russell County and I can tell you that they WILL NOT do anything to fix your service. I have a download speed of 56 Kbps and every time I call to complain about it they give me the same usual bull. Its pretty bad that I used to live on a road 3 miles away and was getting a solid connection of 256 - 300 Kbps. Where I live now they tell me I have a best effort connection and there is nothing they can do to improve my speed except for upgrading equipment in the area, which they don't even have an EST time that it will be done. Needless to say if your having issues with your service from them, and you have any other options for an ISP you should switch. They wont fix your shit, plain and simple.

Oh and as far as the FCC goes, I've sent them 3 complaints and the first 2 responses told me that they were aware of the issues Windstream are having and there is nothing they can do about it. I didn't get a 3rd response.
linuxtom
join:2010-12-19
Ashland, KY

2 edits

linuxtom to sirraf511

to sirraf511
I live in Ashland and have had DSL since 2000. Since Windstream took over things had gotten much worse. To make a long story short I have fought with them for years and years over my 6mbps line that ran at 1-3mbps. Over the last several months Patricia (WS Tech) here at the forum got involved and finally after years of fighting it looks like all is well (fingers crossed.) I've stepped up to GBOND 12mbps, all new lines from the pole to the modem and have run consistently at or above 12mbps for several weeks now with no hiccups. I may have driven Pat crazy but she really did fight to get to the bottom of the problem and get it fixed.

Just Sayin...
sirraf511
Liberty, KY

sirraf511

I hear it from everyone in this area. I just hope that everyone complains. I advised them I should only pay 10% of bill since I only receive 10% of service. I keep getting run arounds with them. I wish they had some competition around here. Maybe I need to call Patricia?
linuxtom
Ashland, KY

linuxtom to sirraf511

to sirraf511
I had gotten a total run-around from everyone I dealt with including having the local manager refuse to even allow his techs to come back to look at the physical end of things. It took a couple of months to whittle down through all the various problems, but Patricia really did bust her butt to get to the bottom of things. I have no doubt whatsoever without her help it would have never gotten fixed. PM her, you have nothing to loose.
sirraf511
Liberty, KY

sirraf511

Where do I pm her? I posted same thing on the direct forum, but no response. No surprise there. I'd definitely like for at least something to be done. I seen where in Georgia they had done an investigation on Windstream. I hope that anyone that has problems calls in and complains.
tonyNM
join:2014-01-05
Espanola, NM

tonyNM to linuxtom

to linuxtom
Evidently this Patricia has stopped responding to help requests. She responded to my first post in the tech area then just stopped further communication
linuxtom
Ashland, KY

linuxtom to sirraf511

to sirraf511
I just pm'd Windstream about the problems and Patricia was the one who answered my complaint. I had a few days where she didn't respond but she later called and told me she'd been off work sick.

I figure at this point from what I can tell her and a woman named Larissa (I think) are the only ones assigned to this place. Maybe I just got lucky, who knows.
sirraf511
Liberty, KY

sirraf511

Pm them from this forum? I don't see where to do that. Thanks
tonyNM
join:2014-01-05
Espanola, NM

tonyNM to linuxtom

to linuxtom
Guess I'm in the "problem customer" list.
sirraf511
Liberty, KY

sirraf511

Just pm'd her. Will see how this turns out. I'm not overly optimistic at this point.