gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

1 recommendation

onebadmofo

Premium Member

A BF4 kill I recorded

"recorded" ...is that even the correct terminology when doing it from the PS4? It's probably called "Shared".
Anyway...
So this is from 400 to 500 meters away. I don't remember the exact distance. But I take a to calculate bullet drop and miss. I take second and hit him. He wasn't sure where the shot was coming from, he looks around and thought his own team member in the chopper was shooting at him. So he opened fire on it, I take a 3rd shot and dropped him while he was doing it.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

#1: Nice shot. I've been painfully trying to work my way through the sniper rifles myself. I just recently figured out how to set the range on the scope. I know...I'm a n00b with this!
#2: Impressive that you captured it on video. The PS4 seems kind of random sometimes with how it records gameplay. I've missed some good moments on there.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

I see myself as a guys who sucks so...thanks.
I'm trying to get all the Sniper Rifles so I'll be playing this category for a while. Although some maps just don't work for it as well. So then I go to the Assault and try my best on that. ...still suck though.
But yeah once I figured out how to zero in, it was so much easier to get a successful long distance shot. I don't use the range finder or the PLD. (although they really do help) I just use the distance that's shown on screen, how far the the objective is to you, to figure it out. Then zero in the scope to that distance, shoot a few rounds to calculate bullet drop. And zero again if needed. I figure since I can use an alternate method of figuring out distance, and if don't use those attachments or gadgets, that frees up the space for me to use other items.

I just recently got the M98B it has really good range. But now I have to try to get a better scope for it (it has an 8x), the bi-pod. Although I'm not exactly sure if it's better than the JNG-90 or not. So maybe maxing this weapon out would be a waste. I only 10 kills on that to get the 40x scope and it's only 5 points less than the M98B in range. So...I dunno.

I think the PS4 just records as you play and when you hit the Share button, it grabs the last 15 minutes of game play. I'm still just messing with this so I don't know this for sure.
You can also go through the list of videos you have saved and you can trim them down to a smaller size.

Mastr Blastr
Born 2 Rock
Premium Member
join:2003-10-20
Hartford, KY

Mastr Blastr to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
If you double hit the share button, it will begin recording and you can stop it whenever you want and it saves it on the HD. I find it very frustrating that when you hit the share button it wants to upload it automatically which basically kills any chance you have of playing until it finishes.

I've got a friend who keeps going for long sniper shots. He's currently up to 2237m and I guess that's about as far as you can get legitimately without getting outside the map or staging something.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

1 edit

cbrigante2

Premium Member

said by Mastr Blastr:

If you double hit the share button, it will begin recording and you can stop it whenever you want and it saves it on the HD.

That is the tip I've been looking for! So to stop it do you hit share again?

Edit - A buddy of mine found the answer here: »manuals.playstation.net/ ··· lip.html

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to Mastr Blastr

Premium Member

to Mastr Blastr
said by Mastr Blastr:

If you double hit the share button, it will begin recording and you can stop it whenever you want and it saves it on the HD. I find it very frustrating that when you hit the share button it wants to upload it automatically which basically kills any chance you have of playing until it finishes.

I've got a friend who keeps going for long sniper shots. He's currently up to 2237m and I guess that's about as far as you can get legitimately without getting outside the map or staging something.

Jeez what map is that big?
joel321
join:2013-04-13
USA

1 edit

joel321 to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
I have done head shots from wayyyyyyyyy farther....this done with a 40x tho. You cannot even see the soldier just merely the shadow figures. The drop bullet is like 6 lines down on a 40x scope. To try to put it in perspective...from RU to CN in some maps.

This is very difficult to accomplish and none existent if the player is moving around.

My max head shots have been 19 in one game.

When you learn how to use the scope, bullet drop, and holding breath, you can do head shots in a heart beat.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by joel321:

I have done head shots from wayyyyyyyyy farther....this done with a 40x tho. You cannot even see the soldier just merely the shadow figures. The drop bullet is like 6 lines down on a 40x scope. To try to put it in perspective...from RU to CN in some maps.

This is very difficult to accomplish and none existent if the player is moving around.

My max head shots have been 19 in one game.

When you learn how to use the scope, bullet drop, and holding breath, you can do head shots in a heart beat.

Wow dude that made me laugh. ....You spawn AT your base...and get shot in the head. ...from across the map. :-D

I'm definitely going to try that when I get the 40x.

What is the time it takes to register the kill from when you pull the trigger? I notice on longer shots sometimes it doesn't register till after I re-chamber a round. ...could just be lag too.
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Premium Member

ya know...I've been forgetting about those 25% XP boosts.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I save those boosts for the double XP weekends. This last one I went from level 56 to 72.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by cbrigante2:

I save those boosts for the double XP weekends. This last one I went from level 56 to 72.

I barely get to play on weekends.
Although this Saturday...hmmm.
Wait, is it double XP weekend EVERY weekend?

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

No, just certain weekends. I have BF4 on my Twitter feed so they usually give the head's up on them. There will be 1 double XP weekend next month. I'm guessing last week of Feb

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by cbrigante2:

No, just certain weekends. I have BF4 on my Twitter feed so they usually give the head's up on them. There will be 1 double XP weekend next month. I'm guessing last week of Feb

Guess I'll hold on to some till then.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

Remember next month...just going online every day will earn you Battlepacks (more bonus times).

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by cbrigante2:

Remember next month...just going online every day will earn you Battlepacks (more bonus times).

Will this work if you use the battle log app? Or do you have to open up the game and choose multiplayer and join a match?

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

That I'm not sure of. I would assume the game.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Another kill...
I don't know the distance. But I got lucky again. Used the JNG. It's the only rifle that I have that has the 40x. Once I get that scope for the SSR, I'll start trying out the other classes more regularly.

For now, I'm trying to get a 1000 meter kill. It's not easy. And heck, I don't know if there is even a reward for such shot. But just to do it once, would be cool.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be