spc
uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to Nezmo

to Nezmo

Re: iOS 8 wishlist?

When I play (not during DND hours), I click the app and then mute my iPad. The onscreen display shows the mute icon..but as soon as the app fully loads, the volume is back on again (a really obnoxious app!) requiring me to mute it again
I wish my friends would play the Scrabble app, instead. It's amazing, an ad filled app that ignores your desire to have quiet...is more popular than a respectful one without ads (Scrabble)...

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by haroldo:

When I play (not during DND hours), I click the app and then mute my iPad. The onscreen display shows the mute icon..but as soon as the app fully loads, the volume is back on again (a really obnoxious app!) requiring me to mute it again
I wish my friends would play the Scrabble app, instead. It's amazing, an ad filled app that ignores your desire to have quiet...is more popular than a respectful one without ads (Scrabble)...

No adds in my version. I paid for it, like I did Scrabble. Furthmore, my WWF app adheres to the sound settings on my iPad and iPhone. If I'm muted, no sound at all from the game.

Do folks realize that DND is only active if you're not actually using the phone? In other words, if you're using any app on the phone during a DND schedule period you will still get sound. Makes sense to me.

haroldo
USA

1 edit

haroldo

said by Nezmo:

Do folks realize that DND is only active if you're not actually using the phone? In other words, if you're using any app on the phone during a DND schedule period you will still get sound. Makes sense to me.

Not exactly...there is an option Do Not Disturb / Silence that asks either Always or Only while iPhone is locked.
Many, instinctively will choose the second (as there's no need to DND if you're using it), but if you don't want to disturb a sleeping partner while using your iDevice, for example, you might choose the 'always' option.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to Nezmo

to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

said by haroldo:

No adds in my version. I paid for it, like I did Scrabble. Furthmore, my WWF app adheres to the sound settings on my iPad and iPhone. If I'm muted, no sound at all from the game.

Wait a sec...

So because I use my iPad as an alarm clock overnight (Including displaying the time @ night) that the DND setting is useless?

Gah....

NefCanuck

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by NefCanuck:

said by Nezmo:

said by haroldo:

Wait a sec...

So because I use my iPad as an alarm clock overnight (Including displaying the time @ night) that the DND setting is useless?

Gah....

NefCanuck

That I'm not sure of. Haroldo did explain above that what I said is actually defeatable in settings anyway.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to NefCanuck

Premium Member

to NefCanuck
said by NefCanuck:

No.

I use my iphone with DND set over night and my alarm goes off before DND is scheduled off -- works fine. AND I don't get buzzed or anything else form WwF.

haroldo
USA

haroldo to NefCanuck

to NefCanuck
said by NefCanuck:

Alarm Clock ignores DND (as it should)
I use it regularly, it works.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to darcilicious

MVM

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

said by NefCanuck:

No.

I use my iphone with DND set over night and my alarm goes off before DND is scheduled off -- works fine. AND I don't get buzzed or anything else form WwF.

I read, perhaps mistakenly, that the poster was using a third party alarm app like those that display various clock formats, etc. If that's the case then I assume you'd need to set the device settings appropriately as Haroldo had mentioned earlier.

If the poster meant the built in alarm app then your statement is relevant.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by Nezmo:

said by darcilicious:

said by NefCanuck:

No.

I read, perhaps mistakenly, that the poster was using a third party alarm app like those that display various clock formats, etc. If that's the case then I assume you'd need to set the device settings appropriately as Haroldo had mentioned earlier.

If the poster meant the built in alarm app then your statement is relevant.

I use the alarm function from TuneInPro on my iPad, which also gives me a clock display that I can read at night without my glasses on.

NefCanuck