uniqs
share rss forum feed

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

4 edits

DSLR Titansfall Clan/Guild/Group of dudes. Sundays at 1800 MST!!

Attention Pilots! This is a call to arms for the DSLR group. Titanfall is coming to a PC near you and Uncle Sav wants YOU!

With Titanfalls release just around the corner and the beta coming up in 2 weeks, I thought it would be fun to get a group together to play on a designated night once a week. As game modes and structure are released we can focus more on strategy; however, there are some mandatory rules in place if you wish to join.

1. Attendance is MANDATORY. Currently the plan is to meet on Sunday’s at 1800 MST (2000 EST, 1900 CST, 1700 PST) and join as a party. Comm link up (program TBD) at 1745 MST. Extenuating circumstances are to be routed through the chain of command. Play whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as you are online and ready to KILL at the designated time (well work out what works best for everyone later on)

2. There will be a chain of command instituted for our missions. Our squad of 6 will be divided into two fire teams of 3, Team A and Team B. Team A will be led by myself, and I will issue orders to the squad. Team B will be led by a qualified applicant and control the individual movements of Team B. For example, I will issue an order for Team B to hold an objective, it will be up to Team B ‘s Team Leader to decide how best to complete that mission.

3. Application process. All DSLR members will be accepted regardless of skill or availability. If we get an abundance of applicants, we can form two squads. If that happens we can skirmish against each other or whatever. If you wish to apply for the position of B Team Leader please note that in your forum post and I will send you the questions for the application process.

4. Titan requirements. You will be expected to be familiar with all Titan’s available to you. Whether they are unlocked via progression or by microtransaction (god forbid) you will be required to suit up into any Titan that you can and satisfactorily perform the duties that go with that Titan. For example, the Ogre class will more than likely be outfitted with heavy weapons, you must understand how to strategically use them best.

5. Game plan. Prior to dropping in, we will have a basic game plan. These will be explained in this forum as maps are played and we begin to understand the intricacies to them. For example, the Nuketown Map in CoD has a lot of strategy and depth to it, but a lot of players just go for kills instead of a match win. We will be going for match wins, not personal glory. We hold points, we don’t deviate from the plan and we work as a team. Those that wish to show off and Rambo it up or be a cowboy do not need to apply.

6. Team killing. Only Jobbie can team kill, all other team killers will be held under UCMJ actions and punished by death. Or maybe laughed at. Could be either.

I hope you all consider applying! It will be a lot of fun and well kick some ass!
--
Gaming with me is better than sex.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Approved

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Are you going to play? You'll be on team J.
--
Gaming with me is better than sex.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

I will be playing for sure. It sounds fun.
--
"I just wanted chili" - Krisnatharok

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

With the team?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Of course! Not sure if I will make the mandatory times but I will play with the team.
--
"I just wanted chili" - Krisnatharok

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

What's a better time for Jobbie?
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Savious

dafuq is MST.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Mountain standard time, dick.
--
The last bastion.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV

Will Quick Scoping be a mandatory clan requirement also?

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to Savious

Open Beta? If it's open I'll try it out for sure. If not, I'll take my chances and sign up for the Beta.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

said by pr1mo:

Open Beta? If it's open I'll try it out for sure. If not, I'll take my chances and sign up for the Beta.

Suppsedly, only people that pre-order the game will gain Beta access.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Ghastlyone

There is no quick scoping. There's also no confirmation on when the beta is, much less who will be invited. C'mon "Mike", smile a little!
--
The last bastion.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

3 recommendations

said by Savious:

There is no quick scoping. There's also no confirmation on when the beta is, much less who will be invited. C'mon "Mike", smile a little!

BF4 fried Mike's motherboard.

There's a good chance Titanfall will wipe his hard drives clean and melt his RAM.

Deklon

join:2011-10-05
Lancaster, PA

I will definitely be buying this and playing.

Would love to join the DSLR group of guys.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Ghastlyone

and kill his family.
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

said by Savious:

BF4 fried Mike's motherboard.

There's a good chance Titanfall will wipe his hard drives clean and melt his RAM.

I laughed.

I might pre-order just to experience HD goodness. I was sad when I finally got back on BF4 last night and none of my BF4 buddies were even online.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
reply to Ghastlyone

I am not wild about pre-ordering something for 60$ that may or may not be any good just to get access to the beta. Guess I'll wait and see.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

I laughed.

said by Krisnatharok:

I might pre-order just to experience HD goodness. I was sad when I finally got back on BF4 last night and none of my BF4 buddies were even online.

I should have my new G700 in a couple days. Then I can get back on BF4 with you guys. As of right now, I can't even play it with this mouse issue.

I really nervous about pre-ordering this game. Seriously, I think I'm just going to let all you guys play it first before I buy it.

StarsiegeCOD

@consolidated.net

Games going to be a hybrid of COD craptastic small map death match fights compared with Starsiege Tribes mobility. Titans will be destroyed the moment you get in them from the stupid one hit kills people can do to them... So will game will resort to infantry based gaming as stated above.

Garbage game.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

StarsiegeCoD compares Titanfall to... Starsiege Tribes and Call of Duty.

I havent seen any videos or shots that show Titans being one shotted, where is that information?
--
The last bastion.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Savious

Added a poll for time. Apparently I can not do two polls in the same post.

--
The last bastion.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

Actually it begins Feb 14th and only goes until Feb 19th. Only people who pre-order a physical game through Gamestop (in the US) can join the beta.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

said by Snuffbox:

said by Savious:

Actually it begins Feb 14th and only goes until Feb 19th. Only people who pre-order a physical game through Gamestop (in the US) can join the beta.

Link?

I ask because I have looked on the main website and googled the beta, and the latest update is an IGN article saying that:

A) Its an open beta
B) No date is confirmed
C) The developer is stating not to trust websites asking you to sign up for it because they arent real.
--
The last bastion.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Snuffbox

said by Snuffbox:

said by Savious:

This is exactly what I read also.

It just makes me so suspect of this game. Limited to no beta access, and basically a month out from full release no less.

Why would a game with this much hype behind it, pretty much have no beta access for a large majority of people out there?

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Savious

Its really interesting to read the comments in this thread, as well as bring up the game in discussion in other PC Gaming related forums or even in games themselves.

There seems to be a lot of hate and discontent towards the game already, which is baffling.

Yes, the publisher is EA, which has a label of being a bunch of greedy bastards, but a lot of EA games are just fine.

The beta is on the 14th, the beta is for pre-order physical copies only, there will be no-scoping snipers everywhere, Titans get one shotted by pilots, its only 6v6 LAME, the sky is falling!

Come on people, this forum is filled with matured gamers, not drama queen reddit users. Site a source before you spread misinformation, and have an open mind. It may very well be the worst game of all time, or it could be the best, or it could be fine.
--
The last bastion.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Ghastlyone

Where did you read this, Ghastly. Im not trying to be a dick, but, just reading the Wiki page states they took quick and no scoping out of the game. I'm not really buying the commments people are posting in this thread.
--
The last bastion.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

Come on people, this forum is filled with matured gamers

Who also bring up good points. All of which have merit:

EA has buthered games repeatedly.

Being one-shot isn't constructive of skill, rather, it becomes a game whoever gets the jump on someone wins, not necessarily whoever is the better shooter.

6v6 means that much more weight to carry when one of your six is afk/terribad. Think League of Legends raging. There's only so much you can do to carry when teams are so small.

That being said, I do look forward to the game. It just has reason to be concerned. Maybe they can make it all work though.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

Where did you read this, Ghastly. Im not trying to be a dick, but, just reading the Wiki page states they took quick and no scoping out of the game. I'm not really buying the commments people are posting in this thread.

The quick scoping comment was a joke. Since we all know it's completely rampant in CoD, I figured maybe it would carry over nicely to this game

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1

enlighten an FPS noob about this "quickscoping"