uniqs

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious

Re: DSLR Titansfall Clan/Guild/Group of dudes. Sundays at 1800 MST!!

Will Quick Scoping be a mandatory clan requirement also?

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

There is no quick scoping. There's also no confirmation on when the beta is, much less who will be invited. C'mon "Mike", smile a little!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

3 recommendations

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Savious:

There is no quick scoping. There's also no confirmation on when the beta is, much less who will be invited. C'mon "Mike", smile a little!

BF4 fried Mike's motherboard.

There's a good chance Titanfall will wipe his hard drives clean and melt his RAM.

Deklon
join:2011-10-05
Lancaster, PA

Deklon

I will definitely be buying this and playing.

Would love to join the DSLR group of guys.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
and kill his family.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

said by Savious:

BF4 fried Mike's motherboard.

There's a good chance Titanfall will wipe his hard drives clean and melt his RAM.

I laughed.

I might pre-order just to experience HD goodness. I was sad when I finally got back on BF4 last night and none of my BF4 buddies were even online.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

I laughed.

said by Krisnatharok:

I might pre-order just to experience HD goodness. I was sad when I finally got back on BF4 last night and none of my BF4 buddies were even online.

I should have my new G700 in a couple days. Then I can get back on BF4 with you guys. As of right now, I can't even play it with this mouse issue.

I really nervous about pre-ordering this game. Seriously, I think I'm just going to let all you guys play it first before I buy it.

StarsiegeCOD
@consolidated.net

StarsiegeCOD

Anon

Games going to be a hybrid of COD craptastic small map death match fights compared with Starsiege Tribes mobility. Titans will be destroyed the moment you get in them from the stupid one hit kills people can do to them... So will game will resort to infantry based gaming as stated above.

Garbage game.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

StarsiegeCoD compares Titanfall to... Starsiege Tribes and Call of Duty.

I havent seen any videos or shots that show Titans being one shotted, where is that information?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Actually it begins Feb 14th and only goes until Feb 19th. Only people who pre-order a physical game through Gamestop (in the US) can join the beta.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by Snuffbox:

said by Savious:

Actually it begins Feb 14th and only goes until Feb 19th. Only people who pre-order a physical game through Gamestop (in the US) can join the beta.

Link?

I ask because I have looked on the main website and googled the beta, and the latest update is an IGN article saying that:

A) Its an open beta
B) No date is confirmed
C) The developer is stating not to trust websites asking you to sign up for it because they arent real.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by Savious:

This is exactly what I read also.

It just makes me so suspect of this game. Limited to no beta access, and basically a month out from full release no less.

Why would a game with this much hype behind it, pretty much have no beta access for a large majority of people out there?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Where did you read this, Ghastly. Im not trying to be a dick, but, just reading the Wiki page states they took quick and no scoping out of the game. I'm not really buying the commments people are posting in this thread.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Savious:

Where did you read this, Ghastly. Im not trying to be a dick, but, just reading the Wiki page states they took quick and no scoping out of the game. I'm not really buying the commments people are posting in this thread.

The quick scoping comment was a joke. Since we all know it's completely rampant in CoD, I figured maybe it would carry over nicely to this game

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

enlighten an FPS noob about this "quickscoping"

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Blockgorilla:

enlighten an FPS noob about this "quickscoping"

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Bj0ewITA

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Savious, I can't provide a link because I have to use my phone to open gaming links.

Google Titanfall PC Beta - I found information on beta start and end time and preorder requirements on multiple sites. One of them being PCmagazine.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

/sigh

As I stated above, I did, in fact, Google it. As I stated, above, there is nothing, NOTHING, that states when the beta will be or who will be getting it.

In fact, I even went to PCMagazine and searched there site for information on Titanfall. The last thing they have is an article on 30 October 2013 stating it wont be available until PS4.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Savious:

/sigh

As I stated above, I did, in fact, Google it. As I stated, above, there is nothing, NOTHING, that states when the beta will be or who will be getting it.

In fact, I even went to PCMagazine and searched there site for information on Titanfall. The last thing they have is an article on 30 October 2013 stating it wont be available until PS4.

I can't link any articles at the moment, but after searching "Titanfall beta Feb.14th" about a dozen different websites pop up. A few of them in fact state that it's for pre-orders only.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by Ghastlyone:

said by Savious:

/sigh

I can't link any articles at the moment, but after searching "Titanfall beta Feb.14th" about a dozen different websites pop up. A few of them in fact state that it's for pre-orders only.

I followed up on that and its a leaked rumor from a European retail store. The same site in fact that spread a lot of rumors about Diablo 3 prior to release.

The OFFICIAL website, as well as several other websites, state the beta is coming, so stay tuned.

I dont trust Euro Trash.
quote:
Report: Titanfall beta to drop February 14
by Steve Watts, Jan 27, 2014 5:00pm PST
Related Topics – Titanfall, xbox 360, PC, Respawn Entertainment, Xbox One

Titanfall had its alpha test begin recently, which we figured meant a beta couldn't be too far behind. That date appears to be set now: for February 14. A European retailer seems to have leaked the date in some promotional materials.

French retailer Micromania put out posters advertising the beta running from February 14-19, spotted by Softpedia. Meanwhile, Respawn's Vince Zampella has tweeted word of an impending announcement, though he didn't use the word beta. "Yes, we will have an announcement soon," he said. "I'm sure no one can guess what it will be..."

Assuming the posters are legitimate, though, the dates could differ for North America. We'll update as more information becomes available.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Savious:

I followed up on that and its a leaked rumor from a European retail store. The same site in fact that spread a lot of rumors about Diablo 3 prior to release.

The OFFICIAL website, as well as several other websites, state the beta is coming, so stay tuned.

I dont trust Euro Trash.

Well....we've got about 14 days left to know if it's true or not

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Im sure well see something official next week. I wont be suprised if it is for physical pre-orders only, but I really dislike people spreading rumors about shit.

Ever since the whole Diablo 3 debacle on Metacritic and Amazon I have a deep disdain for people that bash video games like that. They are usually full of shit or come off as entitled whiners. Just dont buy the damn game. Its half the reason I dont boycot EA or whatever. The internet is full of dramatic keyboard heroes that need to get kicked in the dick.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit

Snuffbox

Premium Member

^ Or fanboi followers that think every game is the next WoW Killer.

As I said, peoples concerns are legitimate like I pointed out in my examples. But they could turn out to be just concerns. I will be buying Titanfall, and I don't buy many games.

You can go HAM on Rift/GW2/SWTOR/BF4/FFX/ESO - but they're all $%&#.

Edit: and so was D3. The worst thing you can do is overhype it.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Im sure well see something official next week. I wont be suprised if it is for physical pre-orders only, but I really dislike people spreading rumors about shit.

Ever since the whole Diablo 3 debacle on Metacritic and Amazon I have a deep disdain for people that bash video games like that. They are usually full of shit or come off as entitled whiners. Just dont buy the damn game. Its half the reason I dont boycot EA or whatever. The internet is full of dramatic keyboard heroes that need to get kicked in the dick.

What Diablo 3 debacle? I thought just about everyone and their mother agreed the game was pure shit when it first released? I mean, it is possible you thought the game was good, and the other 11 million were just posting fake bad reviews?

I've been burned now just recently on a few too many games. X-Rebirth, Bioshock Inifnite, and BF4. Even though my time in BF4 for the most part has been pretty good, it's still got it's issues 4 months after release.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

^ Or fanboi followers that think every game is the next WoW Killer.

As I said, peoples concerns are legitimate like I pointed out in my examples. But they could turn out to be just concerns. I will be buying Titanfall, and I don't buy many games.

You can go HAM on Rift/GW2/SWTOR/BF4/FFX/ESO - but they're all $%&#.

Edit: and so was D3. The worst thing you can do is overhype it.

Im not a fan boy. I am excited about the game and when I see people spewing trash that isn't true irritates the holy living shit out of me. Lets see what has been said in this thread so far that is unfounded:

1) Titans can be one shotted
2) Beta is only for preorders at Gamestop
3) People will be no scoping
4) Beta date is Feb 14

These are the only things I am refuting. If people are going to talk about a game, at least educate yourself and provide some sort of reference before you talk.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

And while I wasn't supporting any of those claims aside from the Beta date and beta requirement, you also don't know that they're not true.

The beta information for example comes from a source that would have access to that information. There's also little to no motive to make up fake information so you have no major reason to doubt them.

You're getting bent out of shape. Calm down, no one's saying your precious is bad. It's a forum and they can vent their concerns based on the videos they've seen etc... You don't have to agree with their interpretation but unless you can say for sure that there's no weapon that 1 shots players then I don't think you should be in such a hissy.

So?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Like all things, Diablo 3 being shit is relative. First off, the game was fine. The graphics were good, the game was generally free of bugs, the gameplay was smooth, there was loot everywhere and it was very much a Diablo game.

The debacle involved when the game went live at midnight on the 15th. 10 million people were trying to log on at 12:01 AM and couldn't because, surprise, there were 9,999,999 other people trying to log on. By 11AM that morning I was on and playing without issue. However, by that time, 11 HOURS after launch, people were already flaming the game. It had received hundreds of negative reviews and the Blizz forums were ablaze with people complaining and demanding their money back.

The whole reason Blizzard made it online only was to prevent rampant hacking that occurred in D2, and also to protect their product.

But that's not the end of the trail of tears.

No no. Then people hit the Inferno wall. The masses clamoured for an insanely hard mode, since D2 was such a walk in the park. Well, they got it and then complained relentlessly about how difficult the game was.

And on and on.

Gaming is not what it used to be, people are addicts now. They will never be happy.
Savious

Savious to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

And while I wasn't supporting any of those claims aside from the Beta date and beta requirement, you also don't know that they're not true.

The beta information for example comes from a source that would have access to that information. There's also little to no motive to make up fake information so you have no major reason to doubt them.

You're getting bent out of shape. Calm down, no one's saying your precious is bad. It's a forum and they can vent their concerns based on the videos they've seen etc... You don't have to agree with their interpretation but unless you can say for sure that there's no weapon that 1 shots players then I don't think you should be in such a hissy.

So?

There ARE weapons that one shot people. Once again, the claim was that TITANS will be one shotted. Do you understand the difference? Pilots are the little people on the ground, Titans are the mechs.

And we should not spread rumours that are just that, rumours. I hate rumours. I like squashing rumours. Because you know what happens. Johnny Jim Jam is going to go to work and someone is going to talk about Titanfall, and Johnny Jim Jam is going to say "Meh, that game looks lame. I read Titans get one shotted, and they are only giving the Beta to people that pre-order the game!"

Now Johnny Jim Jam is going to look like a fucking idiot because he read some bullshit on this forum.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Savious:

the claim was that TITANS will be one shotted. Do you understand the difference?

I understand. And you don't know one way or the other. So for all you know, you could be spreading the misinformation.

My point is dispute what you know to be false with evidence. And argue your interpretation of what you feel isn't true with logic.

I agree that it's unlikely Titans can be one shot. But no one is trying to destroy your game. Everyone wants the game to be good, but they're skeptical for one reason or another.

For me, it's because EA unfortunately has historically shown that they will do what's good for their pockets, not for the balance/longevity of a game.

Again, I have pre-ordered this game. So I'm on your side.

Hell I'll even join a 6's team with you if you're decent.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Ive watched every video that I can as well as read a lot on the Wiki and official website. Thats my basis for refuting the claim that Titans can be one shotted and the beta date, as well as the no scoping.

I am going to be amazing at the game, obviously.