spc
Search similar:

uniqs

maj urinator
join:2000-02-14
Davenport, FL

maj urinator

[TV] confused BHN about olympic programing

OK It maybe the surgery and/or the medications... but I am truly confused...
are the Olympics for BHN on NBC and NBCSN or do I have to tune to some other channel my guide shows some Olympic 2014 channel but asks me to subscribe?
Gator5000e
join:2013-09-02
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e

Programming will be seen on NBC (WESH), NBC Sports Network, USA Network, MSNBC and CNBC.

In addition we are hoping that BHN gets authorization to watch programming on the NBC Sports Live Extra app, but at this point I am not holding my breath that we will get this ability.

maj urinator
join:2000-02-14
Davenport, FL

maj urinator

Thank you
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

1 recommendation

Gator5000e to maj urinator

to maj urinator
You're welcome! You can always go to www.nbcolympics.com and see what the schedule is and what channel the events will be shown on.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to maj urinator

Premium Member

to maj urinator
I will be posting additional information on Monday about olympic viewing....
markm5
join:2013-10-06
Clearwater, FL

markm5 to maj urinator

to maj urinator
During the 1992 Olympics, when Bright House was then called Vision Cable, a Newhouse property, that they had a subscription service that carried a multicast on 4 channels or so. At that time Vision Cable had a Jerrold 450 system that was being upgraded to 550 Mhz, so they had to temporarily suspend a few channels to make room, I recall. It cost a fortune. This standard cable multicast is a much better value. Back then Vision Cable I recall did have a dual 450 system (A/B) in Southern Pinellas. The converter boxes in Northern Pinellas also had an A/B button which did nothing. The people in Largo suffered with Paragon Cable which had a 330 Mhz system and some of those people still had pathetic analog dial converter boxes until the early 90s. Time warner started the upgrades to HFC in 1995.
Art Deco
join:2011-04-27

Art Deco to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

I will be posting additional information on Monday about olympic viewing....

And the information is...?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Got my days mixed up....more in a day or so.
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel

lol, I'm guessing we'll hear by Wednesday...being that the first events start Thursday 1AM Eastern (qualifying, then Opening Ceremonies on Friday).
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Slightly before yes...sorry....my fault totally.
markm5
join:2013-10-06
Clearwater, FL

markm5 to maj urinator

to maj urinator
Its a good thing that these days the multicast is free (at no extra cost). What a bargain. For those interested in a bit of history about Olympic telecasts on CATV, this may be interesting: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ol ··· iplecast
Mark80
join:2004-01-19
Lake Mary, FL

Mark80

said by markm5:

Its a good thing that these days the multicast is free (at no extra cost). What a bargain. For those interested in a bit of history about Olympic telecasts on CATV, this may be interesting: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ol ··· iplecast

I totally remember this when we lived in Seminole, FL.
Mark80

Mark80 to maj urinator

to maj urinator
NBC Live Extra app has been updated and has bright house access
Gator5000e
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e

Sorry, didn't see your post here.