Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Riddick gets a sequel.

»www.businessinsider.com/vin-dies···l-2014-1
quote:
We know Vin Diesel loves announcing news to his fans first via Facebook.

In a lengthy seven-and-a-half-minute video, he told fans on the social media network another "Riddick" movie is in the works.

You wouldn't know Diesel was making a big announcement from the start of the video. The first three-minutes involves the "Fast and the Furious" actor dancing and lip-syncing to Katy Perry's "Dark Horse."

Kool.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by Snakeoil:

actor dancing and lip-syncing to Katy Perry's "Dark Horse."

LOL now I'm going to have to see if that song is any good and then LOL about it.

why can't these people just type.
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to Snakeoil
Well I do want to see another Riddick movie but I'll pass on the silly videos,......

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Snakeoil

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Snakeoil
I've been wanting to watch the new Riddick but want to watch Pitch Black and Chronicles again. It's been awhile.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

1 recommendation

I think the Riddick movie did ok in explaining how Riddick went from leader of the necromongers to being on the run.

I'm just happy they went Rated R with the film [Starbuck's ta-tas ] and the fans supported it.
They could have gone PG-13 and maybe made more money.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
I figure this was after Chronicles and pitch black was before Chronicles.

so its just telling how he went BACK to on the after being the Lord Marshal.
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Snakeoil
If your into the story of riddick the game they made is pretty good replaying it now on 360. It was made for xbox but remade for 360 along with the sequel on the same disc.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to DarkLogix
It's a full circle, basically.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

If your into the story of riddick the game they made is pretty good replaying it now on 360. It was made for xbox but remade for 360 along with the sequel on the same disc.

Yes that was good. There's another one for the original XBox but ported to the 360, Escape from Butcher Bay, that is also excellent.
--

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
yeah both games are on the disc. They remade the first game and put it on there. I'm playing it now. I remember it being good so wanted to try it. I've yet to see any of the riddick movies I need too.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Snakeoil
Thanks to this thread I had myself a Riddick marathon over the weekend. Pitch Black, the animated Dark Fury, Chronicles, and finally Riddick. All were available on Amazon Video on Demand. While it's not the best franchise, it is pretty entertaining and a decent way to kill a boring Saturday in the middle of winter.

That said, some of the CGI in the most recent movie were pretty cringe-worthy. Especially that first hover bike scene. I felt like I was watching a made for tv movie in the 90s. A New Hope looked better than that.
--

SRFireside

join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX
Keep in mind Riddick was made on a $38 million budget. CoR was made with a budget well over twice that. Star Wars IV would have cost $40 million in adjusted dollars as well (that's for the 1977 movie without the special edition enhancements). You gotta give some concession in the special effects considering there wasn't that much money to go around.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
said by SRFireside:

You gotta give some concession in the special effects considering there wasn't that much money to go around.

Sure. But that first hover bike scene was bad even by Syfy Original Movie standards. If I was directing I would have used different shots or cut that scene altogether. In the rest of the movie the CGI was passable.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Odd, I'll have to rewatch. I saw it in theater and didn't notice the corny CGI.