spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bassetts
join:2002-12-16
Germantown, MD

bassetts

USG20 FIOS VOD not working

I am trying to get rid of the actiontech router from my network and install the USG20.

I have had the cat5 jack turned on the ONT and the internet is currently working threw this port. I have also installed a moca bridge to get the set top traffic on to the ethernet network. In the config at the moment that is working is the actiontech router as the wan router. With the moca bridge plugged into the LAN side of the achtiontech. In this config the VOD works threw the set top boxes. Now when I swap out the actiontech router for the USG20 the set top boxes get a new ip address and guide works but VOD fails with error v191. I have tried new firmware and old firmware but nothing seams to make this work. I have even reset the USG to defaults. Dose anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

For starters would need a diagram to make sense of the post.
Add some more detail as for example I have no idea what you mean by quote had the cat5 jack turned on the ONT unquote.
Why would you need a moca bridge on the actiontech router as they usually come with cable connections as well as Ethernet.

I have my usg connected diretly to my ONT and it works great for internet because I programmed the correct VLAN ID into the router (my BELL aliant uses vLans for bothe internet and TV). I don't use cable but it has a specific VLAN for tv and also a requirement for high value traffic assigned to the data_.
bassetts
join:2002-12-16
Germantown, MD

bassetts

Well Verizon ONT can have your internet come in by ethernet (cat5 jack) or on the coax (Moca). I switched over to ethernet so I could use the USG. I don't need the moca bridge behind the actiontech other then to prove that it works and the issue with VOD is the USG. I don't want to use the actiontech in my network as a router or a moca bridge.

I don't know if verizon uses VLAN ID or not. I have made this work for a few other people using other Zyxel routers before.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

I think your reasoning is sound, I would suggest there are some mechanisms the ISP is using to control data flow for internet and TV, thus see if some techs know or technical support. Or google perhaps
Kirby Smith
join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH

Kirby Smith to bassetts

to bassetts
Somewhere on this site is a help file for video vs verizon. I saw notice of it the other day on the home page. It may be linked to the Verizon forum.

Finding it is an exercise for the student ('cause I don't have time right now).

kirby