Dr Demento
I Vant Blud
join:2002-01-02
Denville, NJ

Dr Demento to Crookshanks

to Crookshanks

Re: Motorola, Nexus, etc...

said by Crookshanks See Profile
Maybe Lenovo will do right by them. They kept the quality of the ThinkPad line intact, or at least they did as of a few years ago when I purchased my last ThinkPad. Here's hoping.

What I'm wondering is if Google and Lenovo can keep an agreement to give Motorola front row seats to the latest Android updates? It is a major point that distinguishes Motorola from other smartphone brands sans Nexus line. Don't get me wrong Lenovo is far from the worst in holding back Android updates (Here's looking at you Samsung) but will they have the muscle to even get VZW to continue cooperating?
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

It's worth a shot. And Google selling Moto to Lenovo means that Lenovo won't try to come in and compete somehow with its own US handset lineup. Stronger device vendors mean that carriers may have to play ball on getting updates pushed through.

I have the Moto X, albeit as a secondary phone (Nexus 5 is my primary...the X is on Republic Wireless). Very solid phone, and it's now available for $329. If this is what we'll keep seeing from Lenovo, I'm all for it.