MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to tknex

MVM

to tknex

Re: [X1-X2] X2 deployment news

said by tknex:

Cloud DVR launched yesterday in the Boston area. Xi3 is something different.

So does this "cloud DVR" or "network DVR" use/run-on the existing XG1 DVR boxes then?
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by telcodad:

said by tknex:

Cloud DVR launched yesterday in the Boston area. Xi3 is something different.

So does this "cloud DVR" or "network DVR" use/run-on the existing XG1 DVR boxes then?

I assume that means the cloud DVR storage, since it uses existing stuff.

MrJitters
join:2003-11-29
East Montpelier, VT

MrJitters to telcodad

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

Yup. Existing boxes. It should be pushed to you as an update to your X1. At that point you will agree to terms in a dialog box as is my understanding. Only those recordings on the "cloud" will be able to be accessed by the new app to your mobile device or computer.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by MrJitters:

said by telcodad:

Yup. Existing boxes. It should be pushed to you as an update to your X1. At that point you will agree to terms in a dialog box as is my understanding. Only those recordings on the "cloud" will be able to be accessed by the new app to your mobile device or computer.

Right so it's the cloud storage, as I figured. Not the full on cloud DVR (nDVR) stuff, since that's tied to the release of the Xi3's.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to MrJitters

Premium Member

to MrJitters
Ok so the XG1 DVR has a 500GB Hard Drive and how much more do we get for the DVR Cloud? And is it per box or house hold? I have 3 XG1 DVR's in my home so would each XG1 get it's own cloud storage? Or would all 3 XG1 share the same cloud storage?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by gate1975mlm:

Ok so the XG1 DVR has a 500GB Hard Drive and how much more do we get for the DVR Cloud?

Well, earlier on, it sounded like 1TB of cloud storage would be provided: »Re: [X2] It's back

But from this most recent post about it »Re: [X1-X2] More X2 info? it now sounds like 500GB of cloud storage will be provided without any extra cost. After that, there will probably be a fee for each increment of XX GB used.
said by gate1975mlm:

And is it per box or house hold? I have 3 XG1 DVR's in my home so would each XG1 get it's own cloud storage? Or would all 3 XG1 share the same cloud storage?

Good question. All Ted Hodgins has said so far is: "Storage options and pricing options have not yet been announced."

My guess is, as you pay a fee for each XG1 DVR that you have, each box should therefore be allocated it's own amount of cloud storage (500GB?).