Search similar:

uniqs

fiosuser15
@verizon.net

fiosuser15

Anon

[STB] Problem with QIP 7100 - Channels Won't Show Up

Hey guys,

I have a QIP 7100 box hooked up to the TV with an HDMI cable. I unplugged it without turning it off to move some furniture. When I turned it back on it told me that the channel I was on was not available. I tried some other channels and got the same notice. The channel guide works, all the info is populating, I can even get to the menu and reload my cloud settings. The only thing is that every channel is telling me that it is not available and I should press B to troubleshoot. When I press B to troubleshoot it, it takes about a minute to reauthorize and then goes back to first position - black screen except for the menu. I reset the box a few times and nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

try going to this option on STB.. Menu>Customer Support >Fix FIOS TV issues.

fiosuser15
@verizon.net

fiosuser15

Anon

Didn't work... It just did the reset again
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Try reseating coax on both the 7100 and the wall.
texastown
join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX

1 edit

texastown to fiosuser15

to fiosuser15
I'd call Verizon Tech Support and have them reboot from their end. If that doesn't work, take the box to your local Verizon store and exchange it for a new one. The 7100 1 is an old box (if thats the one with the prob) and the forgotten unplug may have damaged it.

fiosuser15
@cosmoweb.net

fiosuser15

Anon

What are some of the newer boxes? We talked to Verizon last night and they said that there are no advantages to upgrading. Probably lying, but I want to know what to ask when we call them back.
texastown
Plano, TX

texastown to fiosuser15

to fiosuser15
If your box is a small black box with no clock and it says 7100 2 on it, then it is the newest model. If it is large and silver and has 7100 1 on it, then it's the older series 7100.

I can't say the 7100 2 has advantages as you loose the clock, but if yours isn't working, then they need to let you get a new one. Request that they authorize your exchange at a Verizon store near you, as when they send "new" boxes from the warehouse you can get an beat up old junkers at times. At the store, you can see it.

fiosuser15
@myvzw.com

fiosuser15

Anon

Do you know anything about their new Cisco boxes? I see them on their website.
texastown
Plano, TX

texastown to fiosuser15

to fiosuser15
Sorry, I don't know anything about Cisco boxes, just Moto. Never had a Cisco.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick

To the OP:

Did you pay your bill?