uniqs

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: [Content] Report notifications of Limited Basic tier encryption here

Happened back on Dec 18th I believe in South Florida.

5th

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit

Dan A

I wish the X1 Boxes had a second tuner built in for the Picture in Picture function that my Samsung TVs have.

Is their a way I hook HD DTA into my picture in picture and gent HD output to the Picture in Picture?

Important Service Message:
On 3/13/14, Comcast will start encrypting Limited Basic service on your cable system.
If you have a set-top box, digital adapter (DTA) or a retail CableCARD%u2122 device
connected to each of your TVs, you will be unaffected by this change. However, if you
are currently receiving Comcast's Limited Basic service on any TV without equipment
supplied by Comcast, you will lose the ability to view any channels on that TV.
If you are affected, you should contact Comcast at 1-855-860-8989 to arrange for the
equipment you need to continue receiving your services. In such case, you are entitled
to receive equipment at no additional charge or service fee for a limited period of time.
The number and type of devices you are entitled to receive, and for how long, will vary
depending on your situation:
1) If you are a Limited Basic customer and receive the service on your TV without
Comcast-supplied equipment, you are entitled to up to two devices for two years
(five years if you also receive Medicaid).
2) If you subscribe to a higher level of service and receive Limited Basic service on
a secondary TV without Comcast-supplied equipment, you are entitled to one
device for one year.
You can learn more about this equipment offer and eligibility at
comcast.com/digitaladapterinfo or by calling 1-855-860-8989.
To qualify for any equipment at no additional charge or service fee, you must
request your equipment between February 11, 2014 and June 11, 2014 and satisfy
all other eligibility requirements.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Dan A:

I wish the X1 Boxes had a second tuner built in for the Picture in Picture function that my Samsung TVs have.

Is their a way I hook HD DTA into my picture in picture and get HD output to the Picture in Picture?
:

Yeah, I got the same encryption notification in the bill I received back on January 8th. I guess I should see if our local Comcast office (Eatontown, NJ) has got any HD-DTAs in yet.

As far as hooking your HD-DTA to your Samsung TV for PIP, if the PIP input jack is HDMI, then no problem.

But, I'm guessing that's not the case, though. If your TV set has an RGB/Component input for the PIP, then check out this previous thread for ideas: »[Comcast Equip] Poor Coaxial Quality 'Pace DC60Xu HD DTA'

So, you should be able to use an HDMI-to-Component converter box to make the connection, the only concern may be finding a model that supports HDCP if that becomes an issue.

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

I will miss having the unmapped WCAU 10-2 Cozi TV WPHL 17-2 Antenna TV Unlike their New York Counterparts WNBC 4-2 (informercials instead of I SPY) and WPIX 11-2 (Till Death with Brad Garett instead of Mr. Ed) they don't preempt network programing.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

Yeah, I got the same encryption notification in the bill I received back on January 8th. I guess I should see if our local Comcast office (Eatontown, NJ) has got any HD-DTAs in yet.

BTW - I stopped into my local Comcast office yesterday and found that they finally got the HD-DTAs in stock. I picked one up and finally got it activated this morning: »Re: [Content] HD DTA

Dan A
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

As of today March 13th Comcast of Central New Jersey's Limited Basic channels are now all encrypted.
said by Dan A:

Is their a way I hook HD DTA into my picture in picture and gent HD output to the Picture in Picture?

On 3/13/14, Comcast will start encrypting Limited Basic service on your cable system.
If you have a set-top box, digital adapter (DTA) or a retail CableCARD%u2122 device
connected to each of your TVs, you will be unaffected by this change. However, if you
are currently receiving Comcast's Limited Basic service on any TV without equipment
If you are affected, you should contact Comcast at 1-855-860-8989 to arrange for the
equipment you need to continue receiving your services. In such case, you are entitled
to receive equipment at no additional charge or service fee for a limited period of time.
The number and type of devices you are entitled to receive, and for how long, will vary
1) If you are a Limited Basic customer and receive the service on your TV without
2) If you subscribe to a higher level of service and receive Limited Basic service on
device for one year.
request your equipment between February 11, 2014 and June 11, 2014 and satisfy
all other eligibility requirements.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Dan A:

As of today March 13th Comcast of Central New Jersey's Limited Basic channels are now all encrypted.

Yes, same here in Monmouth County today also, per the notification that I had received back in early January: »[Content] Re: Report notifications of Limited Basic tier encryption here

mount laurel
@comcast.net

mount laurel

Anon

On latest April Bill for Comcast of Garden State, NJ:

On 5/13/14, Comcast will start encrypting Limited Basic service on your cable system.
If you have a set-top box, digital adapter (DTA) or a retail CableCARD™ device
device for one year.
request your equipment between April 13, 2014 and August 11, 2014 and satisfy all
other eligibility requirements.