bmccoy

join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Wave Broadband

1 edit

8 Channel DOCSIS 3.0 has arrived!

My internet went out this morning, but when it got back up, I checked my modem, and I now have 8 Channel DOCSIS 3.0 downstream, and 2 channel DOCSIS 3.0 upstream! That would definitely explain them removing those shopping channels in analog format earlier last year .

Also, they finally pushed out the latest (2014) firmware update for my ARRIS TM822G modem, 7.5.110A to be exact.

They may be launching a new 100Mbps plan later this year, at this rate of upgrading. (Edit: they already have added 100 and 110Mbps plans!) They are now ahead of Comcast in Bremerton, it seems. I can't wait to see all the new upgrades in the coming year.

chpalmer

join:2002-11-18
Belfair, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·OlyPen, Inc.
·VOIPO
·Wave Broadband
»www.wavebroadband.com/internet/h···ages.php

110 Mbps downstream / 10 Mbps upstream
1 TB monthly data allotment included; allotment upgrades available

Coming soon this area I suppose...

Im still only bonding 4 channels here but checking daily.

bmccoy

Port Orchard, WA
They have to upgrade all of their nodes, but they will auto-upgrade all 15Mbps customers to 55 once this is done. Same with 3Mbps customers, also, I believe.

chpalmer

Belfair, WA
reply to bmccoy
Looking at the business offerings its not happening yet.

Im on the 30/5 plan and it usually always does at least that even during the "rush hours"

Great to see the upgrades though!

bmccoy

Port Orchard, WA
I'm pretty sure this has to do with them not being one of the top 10 ISPs of 2013. They're definitely on the right track, now. Good way for them to start off the new year

WaveSucks

@wavecable.com
I have had 8 down/4 up bonded channels since the first week in January. I am also the first customer to order the 110mb/10mb w/ 1TB transfer in this area.

I have to say, I have ragged on Wave so much over the years but now that I have breathing room with this 1TB of transfer, I am a happy customer.

Cookie

join:2014-01-30
Port Orchard, WA
reply to bmccoy
My service in Port Orchard started working intermittently Monday morning (4 days ago). When I called tech support that afternoon they said there were no problems but they couldn't see my emta (Arris 822), funny because I was using the phone from it for the phone call & levels were good in the modem GUI, not to mention the internet was working at the time. Pretty sure this was all from the new upstream channels they were adding & weren't bonding correctly. On my way to the Wave office Tuesday morning I saw a maintenance tech working on a pole & he confirmed my suspicions & said it should be straightened out early Tuesday afternoon, it wasn't. Wednesday morning service was still intermittent so I went to the office & picked up a D2 Arris temporarily (D2 modems aren't effected by channel bonding issues because they can't do it). Plugged it in & service working fine since.

I figure I'll give them a week or so before plugging my D3 back in & see what happens, if there's still an issue I'll go to office & pick up a new D3 there. Nice to know I should have some nice speeds when I plug the D3 back in.

FWIW Wednesday morning before I pulled out the D3 (and since Monday morning when I started checking the GUI) I had 8 downstream carriers live on the emta, the upstream was a mixed bag though. Sometimes when I checked I had 2 of the 4, other times I had 3 of the 4, never saw all 4 live though.

bmccoy

Port Orchard, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Wave Broadband
I've only seen 2 ("Upstream 1" and "Upstream 4") channels active on the upstream with my modem, but everything is working great and hasn't gone out since the upgrade.

They might as well just lower the channel bonding to 2 channels on your node, as that is still plenty of bandwidth for even the highest plans (10Mbps upload).

Hopefully they will automatically re-provision our modems this week to get higher speeds, just in time for Super bowl Sunday .

Someone on account support said they'll be automatically upgrading everything soon, maybe tonight.

They are also temporarily taking account services down tonight, not sure what new things they'll be adding. (»cableanytime.net/Wave/).

chpalmer

Belfair, WA
My modem did the reboot this morning and now we are 8 channels bonded down and 4 channels bonded up in the Gorst area...

bmccoy

Port Orchard, WA
They'll probably upgrade everyone's speeds when they finish rolling out these upgrades. I've seen Wave Broadband trucks all over the place lately, so hopefully they'll be done in the next few weeks.

teeitup

join:2010-03-15
Port Orchard, WA
reply to bmccoy
Just noticed the upstream light on my modem was blue instead of green. Not sure when it changed but checked the modem diagnostics and am also now seeing 4 bonded upstream channels.

bmccoy

Port Orchard, WA
Neat. My modem is using 2 upstream channels, though.
When I drive by the headend today, I saw a whole bunch of old Power Guard UPS's. Do you think they're upgrading the backup batteries in their plant?

teeitup

join:2010-03-15
Port Orchard, WA
They must be doing something in the area. My cable tv and internet were both down for a bit this afternoon.

chpalmer

Belfair, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·OlyPen, Inc.
·VOIPO
·Wave Broadband
reply to bmccoy

said by bmccoy See ProfileWhen I drive by the headend today, I saw a whole bunch of old Power Guard UPS's. Do you think they're upgrading the backup batteries in their plant?

:We can only hope. Id seriously like to see more than an hour of backup before everything goes away...

bmccoy

Port Orchard, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Wave Broadband
I hope they throw those 15 year old pieces of junk away. They take 8 seconds just to kick in, which screws up my server during power outages and makes my backup system useless. And that's if it even works.

View page 29 of this PDF to see just how bad these specifications are.

»www.auspicecorp.com/product_cata···ec_H.pdf

Cookie

Port Orchard, WA
reply to bmccoy
Looks like speeds will not be upgraded automatically (not for a while at least). I gave them a few weeks to get their upgrades straightened out & put my D3 emta back in today. When I ran a couple of speed tests it was still just over 30Mbps, right where it had been before. I had to go to the local office anyway to return the borrowed D2 emta & asked about the speed increases. She stated since I was in the High Speed 30 package that's all it would be, I would need to change/upgrade packages to get the faster speeds. Worked out about the same price for me anyway so it was a no brainer to upgrade. Now my speed tests are consistently 55 d/l & 5 u/l. They really keep these modems locked to the speeds you pay for & nothing more. I'm used to be on Comcast & getting in the 70's with their Powerboost while only paying for their 50Mbps service.

On a side note all 4 upstream channels and all 8 downstream channels are locked in the emta diagnostics now.
And so far the D3 is working as it should be again (like it was before their upgrades).

bmccoy

Port Orchard, WA

1 edit
Interesting. I'm in the 12-month promotion period, would upgrading to 55/5 make my price go up, even though it's the same exact promotion as what I bought, besides the higher internet speed?

Cookie

Port Orchard, WA
In my case price stayed pretty much the same. Nice part is it started the promo over again too. I'd recommend either calling or stopping in the local office. I'm tempted to go up to the 100Mbps speed being it should only be $10 more but I really don't need it at the moment.

bmccoy

Port Orchard, WA

1 edit
They said that they will automatically upgrade all of their customers by February 28th, according to a supervisor at customer support.