Rejected One
I Suffer From Id10t Errors
Premium Member
join:2003-07-31
Wilmington, DE

Rejected One

Premium Member

looking for audio editing software for vid files

ok im looking for a good software program thats simple to use for a novice. basically a friend of mine recorded a video and the sound is all crappy played in vlc and used there audio filter to set it to 2 pass filter and set it to reggae and fixed the issue. but i want to save the file so i can give him a working copy of his daughters birthday where the sound doesn't sound like crap . so if anyone knows of a good idiot proof software that works with win 8 32bit that would be awesome. can be free or paid just looking for one people used and knows it works before il buy it. o the video file is in mp4 but i can convert to any format if software requires it. thanks

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium Member
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD

KoolMoe

Premium Member

You may just be able to use VLC itself:
»www.guidingtech.com/8848 ··· another/

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to Rejected One

Premium Member

to Rejected One
In most instances, you would demux the audio, tweak it with the audio tool of your choosing, then mux it back.

The video tool(s) needed would vary based on video type.

For audio, I use Goldwave (not free) or you could use a program such as Audacity.

Rejected One
I Suffer From Id10t Errors
Premium Member
join:2003-07-31
Wilmington, DE

Rejected One

Premium Member

thanks all for the help i will take a look at the software mentioned. the vlc converter will convert the video but wont fix the audio u can only apply the filter while viewing it. thanks again

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium Member
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD

KoolMoe to Rejected One

Premium Member

to Rejected One
Quicktime Pro is pretty sweet for simple editing, IMO. $30 for the Pro version and you can copy/export out the tracks, edit in whatever other software you want, if you want, then 'remux' the tracks back together and export everything to a variety of formats.

I've had to do what you want to do several times and, indeed as Dogg suggests, I would export the audio track, open and edit/filter with Audacity, save that, then re-import the audio track and export the new video file.
QT Pro is a very handy tool to have...

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to Rejected One

Premium Member

to Rejected One
Audacity is a great free audio editing program.