uniqs
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

1 edit

lilarry

Premium Member

[Voip.ms] I need a Smart Phone Web Browser that works with Voip.ms portal

Time for a new cell phone. I've been frustrated with my lousy old piece of junk Motorola Droid2 for so many reasons (nowhere near enough bandwidth to list them all) - but one of of the biggest annoyances is that the Web browser just doesn't work well with the Java Script on the Voip.ms portal. I've noticed the newer browser in Android 4.x doesn't handle it well either, nor does the Windows Phone browser. I'm just not an iPhone guy so I don't know if that browser works (if so, maybe iPhone is the choice and I'll have to swallow my pride and get me one). I do know that Firefox on the Android doesn't work. Dolphin works more than half the rime, but certainly not all of the time. I would appreciate recommendations for a good smart phone or smart phone browser that works well with the Voip.ms portal. Anyone having good luck with this?
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

Good news is we have a mobile website under design by a firm, however, meanwhile, did you try Chrome? Website works fine for me with both Safari and Chrome on Iphone and my colleague confirms he's fine on Android with his Samsung S3 .

Let us know, thanks
VoIP2Go
join:2013-12-14

VoIP2Go

said by MartinM:

Good news is we have a mobile website under design by a firm

While that is good news, I was hoping you would be going the route of a single web site using "Responsive Design". My personal interest is not so much the main portal but in the reseller portal. I am just getting started as a voip.ms reseller and want integration between your platform and mine to be as seamless as possible.

Forgive me if you already know what Responsive Design is, but pages adjust themselves depending on the screen size and orientation of the computer, tablet or phone viewing them. Have a look at »voip2go.net/setup.html and view it full screen on a PC. Adjust the size of your browser and see how the page responds. You could also browse to it on a smart phone for a true test.

I've just converted several of my own web sites using this technology and it would be awesome if the reseller interface followed the same principles.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to lilarry

MVM

to lilarry
»Android app for Voip.ms
Gobe
join:2009-10-14
canada

Gobe to lilarry

to lilarry
Dolphin with Jetpack works fine on my Android 4.3
foresto
join:2002-04-17
USA

foresto to MartinM

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

Good news is we have a mobile website under design

Thanks for the good news, Martin! I've been wondering about this for quite a while.
said by VoIP2Go:

Forgive me if you already know what Responsive Design is, but pages adjust themselves depending on the screen size and orientation of the computer, tablet or phone viewing them.

Someone gave that a name? With capital letters? I just call it web design.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Some people even use 3 capital letters: Responsive Web Design.

Thus: RWD enhances a good UX.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to MartinM

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

Good news is we have a mobile website under design by a firm, however, meanwhile, did you try Chrome?

Is there a trick to get the menus to work in Chrome ? I just tried on an Android 4.3 tablet and I can't get the menus to open.
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry

Premium Member

I still find myself struggling with this issue of trying to get the drop-down menus on the Voip.ms portal to work with a smart phone.

I just spent an entire afternoon in a Verizon store trying out a variety of smart phones and tablets. The only phone I found that works with the Voip.ms portal is the iPhone. Unfortunately, I need a phone with tethering capabilities, which the iPhone does not support (otherwise I'd just grab one and be done with it).

I tried several Androids and Windows phones today with no success. On the Android, I tried the resident browser as well as Firefox, Opera, Dolphin, UC, and Boat. Once in a while a drop down menu will appear for a moment, then disappear. Otherwise no drop down menus at all.

Can anyone lend any suggestions here. This is really getting quite frustrating.
lilarry

lilarry

Premium Member

Got it!!! After devoting the day to this I learned something I didn't know about the Android browsers. To activate JavaScript mouse-over menus on the Android simply hold the object for a second then swipe. Walla - the drop down menu appears and remains to make the needed selection. Voip.ms portal now works like a charm on Android!! All this time frustrated ... who knew??

Alittlegreen
join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to toro

to toro
Just hold the s pen over it and it will expand
said by toro:

said by MartinM:

Good news is we have a mobile website under design by a firm, however, meanwhile, did you try Chrome?

Is there a trick to get the menus to work in Chrome ? I just tried on an Android 4.3 tablet and I can't get the menus to open.

Alittlegreen

Alittlegreen to lilarry

to lilarry
The wife's iphone 5 does support tethering. It may be a carrier imposed limitation. ..