spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JJJohnson

join:2001-08-25
Fort Collins, CO

[CustSvc] Can I downgrade my service online?

I hate calling Comcast for anything.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

Usually they need you to call in.
but you can try chat (I wouldn't because they mess up everything I asked)
you may not like the results

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
reply to JJJohnson

I would call and tell them you need to cut services to lower your bill, they might surprise you with their response. I did that and they gave me a $20 mo "loyal customer" discount for a year. I'm on my second discount in two years.
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

fredthomsen
Premium
join:2011-03-01
reply to JJJohnson

any kind of downgrade,cancellation,less money for them stuff, etc... you have to call in for so they can try and talk you out of it.

Furrever Fur
Premium
join:2012-02-20
united state

When you call, remember that the Retention (or "loyalty" ?) department is is only open during cushy business hours -- not 24/7.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

The "Retention" dept. isn't always needed. A couple weeks ago I was all set to drop the TV portion of my services & go with DISH & just keep my HSI. I called in just to ask how much my stand-alone HSI would be after dropping TV. Short story; the CSR offered me a discount of $30/month for a year off my HSI to not go with DISH. Of course I took it.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

I had a strange experience last week. My speed tier was changed from Blast to Performance (not by me-it may have been retentions). Anyway, i called tech support ("Trouble with Internet") to get it changed back, and we got to talking. I explained that I called retentions due to my latest promo ending. The tech says, let me see if i can lower your bill. A few minutes later, he comes back with an even better deal than I had before the promo ended. I am paying about $10/month less now than before the promo ended. Worked out like this:

1. Original promo price.
2. New price, about $30 month more than promo.
3. I called, got price to $10 above old promo.
4. I called again, got Streampix added for free (for 3 months).
5. Called tech support, got price down to $10 below price #1, kept everything including 3 month Streampix.

Pretty happy. Didn't know tech support could do that.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1

Is FIOS in your area? Amazing what a little serious competition will do for ensuring competitive pricing.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA

Yes, FIOS had been in my area for years. That's how I've been able to continue the promotions. This time was harder.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to owlyn

Last week was the end of the month. Comcast is always willing to deal more at the end of the month.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA

Yes. Forgot about that. Mainly, I was surprised that tech support could make a deal.

Furrever Fur
Premium
join:2012-02-20
united state
reply to owlyn

That's great ! Do keep a sharp eye on your bill; many of us have been promised all sorts of stuff by Retentions only to be told "agent XXX" wasn't authorized, blah blah. Great news if so. Best wishes.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA

It should be correct. I got a call from the Executive line about something else, and had them confirm.

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
reply to JJJohnson

Tech support and billing reps have a great incentive to make sales/upgrades in any cable company. The Sales Department is there to make sales. The Retention Department to retain customers. Commissions are usually higher for upgrades/sales for billing/tech support CSR's. I was always in the top 3 for Comcast sales until Comcast cancelled our company's contract to go with another outsourced provider.