All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Gerard1234
join:2012-04-03

Gerard1234 to SpHeRe31459

to SpHeRe31459

Re: Lesson Learned

I think that is what it says on the outside very small writing looks like it says xg5 right below the battery light at the bottom. Does not show up on the picture I took very well though
And it is also taller box than the old gateway1. Has 2 usb's on the back And another that looks like e-sata. Has a MOCA light that flashes. Was not enable 3 days ago now it is enabled and working.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

1 edit

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by Gerard1234:

I think that is what it says on the outside very small writing looks like it says xg5 right below the battery light at the bottom. Does not show up on the picture I took very well though

Interesting... So what do your cable boxes look like? See the pics in the FAQ I posted before. Even better, please look for the FCC label and tell us the model designation(s) you see, including the wireless gateway.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

yes that is what i am wondering as well also does the gateway you have be used as a cable box
Gerard1234

Gerard1234

Everyone is watching tv now. Do not want to interrupt the t.v.'s but in the configuration page I see 9 devices with IP addresses on the gateway. It seems everything came alive after they turned on local on the 8's in HD for the weather channel and the new movie app started. I woke up in the morning and the guide was different too. Some others in the area have the new x2 now too. Seems to be deploying everywhere. Everyone just be patient and you will get it too. Remember it is just T.V.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

ok can you also take some pictures of the guide that is listed on the DVR and cable boxes. and also can you take a picture of the about page in the settings menu and/or tell us what is listed on that page

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I'm with Joe-
Until I see something different - you know what they say...
SeattleMatt

2 edits

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Baby Steps

Well - woke up, and my 2 HD STB's pulled a new STB Firmware.

They went from 12/10/13 to 1/17/14 - Version PR150BN_1.3.2s4_PRODsd

It actually screwed a major thing up. If you pull up the guide - and hit guide again - it now overlays the Favorites, Trending, etc. options over top of the guide - and you can barely read it.

However, this is still an X2 preview mode. XRE Version remains at 37P5, dated 1/22/14.

The DVR will not pull any update as of this time.

Assuming this may be a prep step before the real rollout.
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

No new changes as of this morning, 2/1.

Really wish they'd push out a new XRE build if they have one ready - because this latest STB build on the HD boxes has made things sluggish combined w/ the 1/22 server build.

DVR has not updated at all.
SeattleMatt

1 recommendation

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

"New" X2 is Live

Click for full size
X2 New.pdf
309,484 bytes
Well, all 3 of my boxes (2 HD, 1 DVR) updated to the "New" XRE Build - dated 1/29/14 this morning. When you go to the About tab, it actually shows "New" and no longer says "Preview".

Notes:
1) On the HD boxes - they are now on the 1/29/14 XRE build, and 1/17/14 STB build. The new XRE build DID NOT fix the Guide overlay issue. If you hit Guide, then Guide again - the "Trending, Kids, Movies, Sports" menu is laid over top of the guide - and you can barely read it. I never use this feature - but, it's definitely a noticeable bug.

2) DVR remains on the 12/10/13 STB build. After playing around a little bit, I really don't notice many changes. There are no new apps - so I'm still waiting a few days more I guess before we get to see the Live Extra app and see how this IP streaming is going to work.

I'm sure others will pick up on some differences...
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA

bgoodbody

Not in SE New England yet. Also publically the "X2" will be called the X1.

Here still have a 1/22 Server Build and a 12/2013 STB However receiver version is 1.3.1

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Re: "New" X2 is Live

said by bgoodbody:

Also publically the "X2" will be called the X1.

Yes, from Ted Hodgins on the Comcast Support forum (»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1 ··· 65#M8969 ):
quote:
X2 is our internal naming convention.

X2 is not a customer-facing name that we will use in any direct-to-consumer marketing. So apologies for that confusion.

This is still the X1 Platform that cloud DVR will be running on. No shift in gears. The guide interface will change (improvements all around) and our internal name is still X2.

Outwardly this is still the X1 Entertainment Operating System ...
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by telcodad:

said by bgoodbody:

Also publically the "X2" will be called the X1.

Yes, from Ted Hodgins on the Comcast Support forum (»forums.comcast.com/t5/X1 ··· 65#M8969 ):
quote:
X2 is our internal naming convention.

X2 is not a customer-facing name that we will use in any direct-to-consumer marketing. So apologies for that confusion.

This is still the X1 Platform that cloud DVR will be running on. No shift in gears. The guide interface will change (improvements all around) and our internal name is still X2.

Outwardly this is still the X1 Entertainment Operating System ...

LOL. I dunno how many times I've explained that in this thread. It's in the X1 FAQ here on the site as well. But now that Ted has said it, I guess people can stop spazzing about X2 somehow being a separate product from the X1 stuff.

X1 is the branding Comcast is using, it's what they spent millions of dollars advertising. "X2" has always been a codename, and has always been reported that way in industry articles.
Gerard1234

Gerard1234 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

I had this since last Friday but my receiver is 131 instead of 130. And battery is less than 80 percent on most of mine boxes but one is at 80 percent.
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
Netgear WNR3500L

bgoodbody to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

I have the same Server Version this morning, but a different STB Version