uniqs
share rss forum feed

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

UBNT new world order website https://goubiquiti.com/

Anyone sign up for this site? I did and what a JOKE not a single web browser I use works correctly. I.E 11 just logs me in then flips back and forth between the login and main page.

Cant find the zip codes I put in for areas that I cover like the city does not even exist or it cant resolve some database?

Try to purchase their flyers or post cards click buy and it does not put it in the shopping cart. Just a big ass joke!!!

Anyone else having problems or is it just me??

»goubiquiti.com/

I also get these E-mails from some guy named John 2-3 times a day and I have NO fricken clue what it means?

uwn@ubnt.com via mailgun.org
10:05 AM (8 hours ago)
Hi undefined

You're live.

—John

--
»www.accelwireless.com
ComTrain Certified Tower Climber.
Wireless and IT consultant.
Proficient in Mikrotik

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5

It's optimized for Chrome. Some parts won't work in FireFox, other parts won't work in I.E.

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
reply to viperm

What a f***ing mess.

This wasn't actually published anywhere was it?

Again, bubbly eye candy prevails over actual functionality.
The artists over there need to be locked in a small room for a while to let the programmers actually do their job. Or they need to train these graphics gurus how to program correctly.

Stinks of apple-esque-eye-candy-useless BS.
But at least Apple works for the most part.

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to viperm

Don't they realize not EVERYONE uses chrome. we have people still using XP with explorer 5.0 for Christ sake!!!

If you going to make something for the masses you better damn well make sure it works on all platforms.
Somebody from support emails me back last night but like I have time to sit on the phone to describe issues THEY are having and know they are having. Take out the search by zip code option if it does not fricken work!! simple right? WTF over. I want to talk to you about what the website is about?

"Hi Martin, do you have a number I can reach you at?

If you search by street or city, you're fine. I am having issues with your zip code. It's hard to test for everything going out the door. I'll submit an issue now.

As for the program, I want to talk to you about it and how it works and what the website is about.

Let chat tomorrow if you have time. What time works for you?

JT"

Rhaas
Premium
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO
reply to viperm

I signed up for it, can't say it was all that hard but its not very intuitive.

»www.goubiquiti.com/wisps/bps-networks
--
I survived Hale-Bopp!

Expand your moderator at work

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL
reply to viperm

Re: UBNT new world order website https://goubiquiti.com/

It works pretty well, but like most UBNT products a bit slow/off at the gate. This has been an ongoing website and advertising campaign BETA website for a few months now. Are you guys in a bubble or what???

Maybe you missed how they are doing national advertising now to help promote WISPs in general also. That's been all over their forum and website since the introduction at WISPAlooza
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

UBNT JT

join:2014-01-31
USA
reply to viperm

@viperm Hi Martin, I emailed you last night you last night but I have yet to hear a response to you.

If you search by street or city, you're fine. Here are the links to prove it.

»dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4547···el_1.png
»dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4547···el_2.png

I have already submitted an issue for your zip code. It's hard to test for every single zip code before going out the door so I apologize yours isn't showing up. We're trying to figure out why our API isn't picking up your zip code.

As for your local campaign, there is a edge case bug for a very small group of users, less than 10, that won't be able to add to the cart. The fix should be going out today.

I'm here to help you out in any way I can. Message me at uwn@ubnt.com

JT

btw... J stands for John. I'm pretty sure I don't message you 2-3 times a day but I could be wrong. My offer to talk still stands. If you still want in, let me help you figure things out.

UBNT JT

join:2014-01-31
USA
reply to viperm

Every zip code that I have tried does work. Yours is the first that doesn't. We submitted an issue for you already. We'll figure it out.

WHT

Rosston, TX

said by UBNT JT:

We'll figure it out

Reminds me of the mathematician that worked out a constipated equation with a pencil.

raytaylor

join:2009-07-28
kudos:1
reply to viperm

Have they been running the tv adverts and billboards yet?
I havent seen any

TheHox

join:2012-05-31

I saw one on DirectTV tonight while watching Gold Rush

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to viperm

Okay maybe I am wrong but when you log into the site you have to PAY for billboard advertisement, TV and or Radio ad's. I was under the impression from wispalooza and the video this was going to be included to the Wisps carrying UBNT product that's how understood it?

As far as I can tell you have to pay out of your own pocket for everything? JT any insight into how this was all supposed to work?

How is it any different then what I am doing now? I have to pay out of my own pocket for advertisements etc seems all they offered up was some premade postcards, flyers and door hangers at a discounted rate which I cant even get to any more?
--
»www.accelwireless.com
Proficient in Mikrotik

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to raytaylor

I've seen it several times last night and tonight on the Discovery channel.

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2
reply to viperm

goubiquiti.com, brought to you by the same people who created healthcare.gov!

But seriously, I tried using the site, and it mostly worked, but was a bit clunky and I was never able to actually save my coverage map area when I tried.

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA

Yea its way finiky when it comes editing things i finally got some coverage to work but not all. I gave up and left it for fear of making it worse.

WHT

Rosston, TX
reply to jcremin

said by jcremin:

goubiquiti.com, brought to you by the same people who created healthcare.gov!

Already noted...
Goubiquiti Website vs. Obamacare Website
»community.ubnt.com/t5/Ubiquiti-W···p/642303

Please select which best describes the difference:
A.
B.
C.
D. Involves it's customers before launching
E. Is catching problems when there are no consequences
F. Still able to make adjustments and improvements with two months before launch

Thank you for your answer!

UBNT-JT added the D, E, F.

gunther_01
Premium
Saybrook, IL

1 recommendation

reply to viperm

said by viperm:

As far as I can tell you have to pay out of your own pocket for everything? JT any insight into how this was all supposed to work?

I'm pretty sure you didn't pay for the making of those videos or anything else UWN related. Or the NATIONAL marketing that is being done in our favor.

Yes, if you want to have YOUR name on it, YOU would/should have to pay for it. But it is in your interest to use the national campaign to your advantage. Likewise it ISN'T just for UBNT using WISP's
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

WHT

Rosston, TX
reply to viperm

I decided not to participate in the program because I don't want to tip my hand for some large area disruptive deployments this summer.

I'm not near any radio stations, much TV stations - so the spot advertising has no value for me. PDDM isn't that expensive for me, same for yard signs.

Ben_UBNT

join:2011-03-02
American Fork, UT
reply to gunther_01

Hi Guys -

Gunther is correct. We have spent millions on national ad campaign…Local advertising with your information is handled by each individual WISP (though we provide video for you to use, print ads, radio ads, etc…).

Thanks,
Ben

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to viperm

Okay update I have received 2 calls so far from the advertisements. Cant service one of them but the other I can from an existing site. I will most likely be doing a small build out to service them and a whole bunch of others 10-15 more subs.

GTOV8

join:2006-02-04

1 edit
reply to viperm

I tried registering and it said all my normal emails exist and none of my common passwords worked. What's the deal. I have not registered yet so why are my emails in there with passwords I can't use? There is no link to reset a password! What bad programming.

FUNNY .... on the radio ads page

"Radio is still a powerful and important medium for advertising and many of you have deals with the local radio station and have tons of credits ready to be used.

The spot will be custom made with your logo and contact information at the end of each spot."

Really! Our radio stations out here don't show logos. We must be using old tech.

TheHox

join:2012-05-31

Yea that site is buggy at best. It's partially tied with the community forums user accounts. It took me a while to get signed up/verified etc.

Rhaas
Premium
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO
reply to viperm

Well, we did get a lead and a customer from the site.
--
I survived Hale-Bopp!

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to viperm

Last two I got said the ad was VERY confusing, They called two other providers in the area and 1 knew nothing about what she was talking about. The other never returned her 4 calls.

There should be some kind of commitment form dealers to respond and know what they signed up for!!!! makes us all look like jackasses. She was very impressed by my prompt reply to her call. She has led to 6 other people wanting service off the new tower we are building out.

She did said the add from the super bowl really did not give much info to go to the UBNT site but then she got all confused and directed to equipment listing and pricing etc etc and had to fumble around to find the site to look up service providers. So UBNT take NOTE make it easier for a person off the street looking for an WISP.

Thanks
--
»www.accelwireless.com
Proficient in Mikrotik

gunther_01
Premium
Saybrook, IL

2 recommendations

reply to viperm

Plain and simple if you want to bitch to UBNT, do it on their forum. Why in the world would you expect them to care about a different forum, about their product. This to me just screams rant...

Not too mention have you ever had a customer NOT complain about something you didn't do LOL?
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to viperm

true.. anyone else get leads?

XLBroadband
Premium
join:2011-01-20
Frankfort, IL
reply to viperm

Using Internet Explorer? Really?

Anyone who's smart would be using Chrome... with the AdBlock extension.

»chrome.google.com/webstore/detai···om?hl=en