join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to Johkal

MVM

to Johkal

Re: [CustSvc] Can I downgrade my service online?

I had a strange experience last week. My speed tier was changed from Blast to Performance (not by me-it may have been retentions). Anyway, i called tech support ("Trouble with Internet") to get it changed back, and we got to talking. I explained that I called retentions due to my latest promo ending. The tech says, let me see if i can lower your bill. A few minutes later, he comes back with an even better deal than I had before the promo ended. I am paying about $10/month less now than before the promo ended. Worked out like this:

1. Original promo price.
2. New price, about $30 month more than promo.
3. I called, got price to $10 above old promo.
4. I called again, got Streampix added for free (for 3 months).
5. Called tech support, got price down to $10 below price #1, kept everything including 3 month Streampix.

Pretty happy. Didn't know tech support could do that.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Is FIOS in your area? Amazing what a little serious competition will do for ensuring competitive pricing.

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA

owlyn

MVM

Yes, FIOS had been in my area for years. That's how I've been able to continue the promotions. This time was harder.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to owlyn

Premium Member

to owlyn
Last week was the end of the month. Comcast is always willing to deal more at the end of the month.

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA

owlyn

MVM

Yes. Forgot about that. Mainly, I was surprised that tech support could make a deal.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx

FureverFurry to owlyn

Premium Member

to owlyn
That's great ! Do keep a sharp eye on your bill; many of us have been promised all sorts of stuff by Retentions only to be told "agent XXX" wasn't authorized, blah blah. Great news if so. Best wishes.

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA

owlyn

MVM

It should be correct. I got a call from the Executive line about something else, and had them confirm.