spc
Search similar:

uniqs

printscreen
join:2003-11-01
Juana Diaz, PR

printscreen

Incandescent candelabra bulbs

One short question. Are candelabra bulbs also included in the incandescent bulb phase out? I have two lamps that use them and don't like the look of the LED lights that are being sold to replace them. Not to mention the high cost of going LED by needing to purchase 13 bulbs in all.

If so, then better start piling up some stock.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

Doesn't apply to candelabra-base bulbs if they burn less than 60 watts.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to printscreen

to printscreen
So it looks like I need to stock up on some 60w candelabra bulbs then.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo to printscreen

to printscreen
I really dislike candelabra bulbs. At first I looked into CFL and LEDs, but then I realized it's easier to change fixtures than to keep the odd sized bulbs around.

printscreen
Juana Diaz, PR

printscreen

They are old-fashioned bronze chandelier hanging lamps that use candelabra bulbs. I don't want to replace them. LED lights don't look that great in those lamps because the bulbs are exposed and the cool white color just doesn't fit this type of fixture.

But I should not worry or stock on bulbs. One lamp uses eight 25W bulbs (I don't use this one often) and the other uses five 40W bulbs (the one used daily).

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to printscreen

MVM

to printscreen
Candelabra lamps under 60W are exempt.
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

iknow_t to printscreen

to printscreen
maybe someone makes 50 Watt halogen replacements in the candelabra style for replacing the 60 Watt?

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to printscreen

to printscreen
They have warm white and (not sure what you mean by exposed). I have seen them in the tear drop shape in warm white. They also have CFL's.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to printscreen

Premium Member

to printscreen
The local Target had a bunch of 60W candelabra bulbs. If you want to stock up
bkjohnson
Premium Member
join:2002-05-22
Birmingham, AL

bkjohnson to printscreen

Premium Member

to printscreen
Another way to solve the problem might be to add shades to the fixture, if that could be acceptably done. I have a dining room fixture that has shades that allow the use of 60W equivalent mini-cfl bulbs and the light is virtually indistinguishable from the incandescent bulbs they replace.

printscreen
Juana Diaz, PR

printscreen

By exposed I mean that the bulbs are completely visible. They are not inside a fixture or enclosure but at the end of arms that start in a central hub and go out like spokes and then bend up and the bulb is at the end like the flame on a candle.

This type of lamp: »images04.olx.com/ui/5/15 ··· LAMP.jpg
printscreen

printscreen to bkjohnson

to bkjohnson
See my prior post. Shades are not an option. Anyway, this is not an issue since I am using 25 and 40W bulbs which are not being phased out for now.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

1 recommendation

Cho Baka to printscreen

MVM

to printscreen
I wonder if, back in the old days, there were a bunch of old men sitting around somewhere lamenting the loss of candlelight...

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to printscreen

to printscreen
said by printscreen:

By exposed I mean that the bulbs are completely visible. They are not inside a fixture or enclosure but at the end of arms that start in a central hub and go out like spokes and then bend up and the bulb is at the end like the flame on a candle.

This type of lamp: »images04.olx.com/ui/5/15 ··· LAMP.jpg

OK, I see you mean the little candle types. I was thinking about candelabra base bulbs for like ceiling fans.
joewho
Premium Member
join:2004-08-20
Dundee, IL

joewho to printscreen

Premium Member

to printscreen
Had to replace all the fixtures on a candleabra just like that. It was for a customer and I was so glad to be done....I didn't think twice about getting the bulbs as shown in your picture.