Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

2 edits

TheBionic

Premium Member

Playing PS4 on the Vita

Has anyone else tried this? It is a great idea, but the implementation is hit and miss for me. I can watch movies or play online games in my bedroom without a hitch on the vita itself, but the connection between my Vita and PS4 is spotty most of the time, resulting in some decreased visuals and occasional disconnects. The PS4 is wired and it and the router are downstairs. Of course it could just be something in my setup, but I was wondering if anyone else had tried it and how it worked for them. At the same time I don't really care because I've just discovered Persona 4 on the Vita (wow!).

Edited because words are hard

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I've tried it. Visuals are good and no disconnects. Playing a shooter likeBF4 is kind of a challenge with the small joysticks and a bit more input lag introduced by the remote play.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by cbrigante2:

I've tried it. Visuals are good and no disconnects. Playing a shooter likeBF4 is kind of a challenge with the small joysticks and a bit more input lag introduced by the remote play.

Thanks for the reply. Might be just on my end. I hear ya about the shooters. I have Killzone Mercenary and the sticks are a pain.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

No problem. Something like this could be a lot of things. Be sure you are on the latest firmware on your router.

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Mod
join:2002-09-11
Ishpeming, MI

Dejavu to TheBionic

Mod

to TheBionic
Works great for me, no issues at all...and I really like it.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to cbrigante2

Mod

to cbrigante2
said by cbrigante2:

Did you see the hack where you velcro strap the vita to the top of your DS4 and use it like a single unit? might solve your problem. Looks very cool at least.

I think PS4 will rejuvenate vita sales - I am not lucky enough to have a dedicated media room and would like the option of sitting in a corner somewhere continuing a game that is mainly played on the big tv, instead of dominating the living room all or nothing style.

Playing Dark Souls II whenever I can grab some quiet time is very appealing.