»www.ctvnews.ca/canada/sp ··· .1664333

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

They're recording MAC addresses being shouted out by phones and computers in public. What's the problem?
cdn_dsl
join:2011-01-07

cdn_dsl to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning
This thread is funny now with the disappearing posts. Life is such a stand up comedy.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to Guspaz

to Guspaz
The problem is spying has no place in a democratic society. Spying makes us look like countries from the Soviet Bloc such as USSR and East Germany. If they want to continue spying like this then it is wise to come out and declare democracy is dead.
cdn_dsl
·B2B2C High-Speed..

cdn_dsl

said by DanteX:

The problem is spying has no place in a democratic society. Spying makes us look like countries from the Soviet Bloc such as USSR and East Germany. If they want to continue spying like this then it is wise to come out and declare democracy is dead.

I am afraid you are living in a simplistic bubble, no offense!
Unfortunately, those meanies you mentioned are spying on us, so counter-spying is necessary.

But honestly, seeing how India and China are spying on every business and government office in Canada, I question how much counter spying is even worth these days.

All our secrets end up on the flash drives and overseas every minutes I am typing this
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

Canada can easily stop the spying on part from India and China if they stopped letting them come here in a mass exodus their country to ours. problem solved
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

donkey77 to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning
Those Google street view cars recorded wifi info and mac addresses.
cdn_dsl
·B2B2C High-Speed..

1 edit

cdn_dsl to DanteX

to DanteX
Too late, my good man. When their ## are counted in millions already, it's game over.

And even if we forgot for a moment about those already here, there is fabulous outsourcing. Remember RBC outsourcing fiasco? That was a tip of an iceberg. I know as I was involved with the iceberg itself years earlier. Isn't it grand calling bank or insurance company and sharing your confidential financial and medical information with the SUBCONTRACTORS OF SUBCONTRACTORS HALF WORLD AWAY, none of whom had a background check done??? I think it is grand.

Confidentiality of Canadian individuals and companies has been thrown away as soon as the first call center was moved to Bangalor or Chennai, thus rendering all good work done by our counter-spying agencies summarily useless. They can probably still try to keep internal secrets of the government under control, but let me ask them and you this important question: how on Earth can you do that with PC and affirmative action forcing you to hire just about anybody? ROFLMAO.

They made big noise about deporting that Russian former KGB man who openly declared he served in the military between his 18 and 20 for a KGB-controlled unit, but then entire IT departments are turning 100% Indian and Chinese and there is no way in hell those can be properly vetted and background checked, as that would require 100% cooperation of their home regimes. ROFLMAO. Just roll with it, sobs...