TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Sim City for 22$

21.89$ exactly.

»www.gameholds.com/simcit ··· key.html

Activates on Origin.

My brother bought it for himself in anticipation of the offline patch, I am personally waiting for the patch before pulling the trigger.

Hopefully an offline mode also means modding.

Anyone still playing the game currently?

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

I want to but I don't want to give EA money... fff

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to TigerLord

MVM

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

21.89$ exactly.

»www.gameholds.com/simcit ··· key.html

Activates on Origin.

My brother bought it for himself in anticipation of the offline patch, I am personally waiting for the patch before pulling the trigger.

Hopefully an offline mode also means modding.

Anyone still playing the game currently?

My wife and I play the game, but not as often as we used to. The small city sizes have really left a sour taste in my mouth. Still, the game is awesome and I can put hours into it.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to TigerLord

Mod

to TigerLord
I wonder where those chinese got those keys from?

Eh hell with it, $20. It'll never be $20 from EA.

Bought on a visa behind a paypal wall so let's see what happens.
Mike

1 edit

Mike to TigerLord

Mod

to TigerLord
This is shady as hell.. I like it. The paypal statement shows it went to "glory profit international limited". I love chinese english.

I used a burner email address;
quote:
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your purchasing here on our website!

These days, we got some unauthorized payments via PayPal. For the safety of your money and PayPal account, we would like to confirm something with you here. Then we can help to finish your order fast.

Could you tell me what did you order and order number is?
What is your PayPal account (PayPal email used) and Shipping email used on the order sheet?
Who is the owner of the PayPal?
Where do you live in detail?
How do you get to know our website?

Please use your PayPal email address to answer these questions.

Sorry for any inconvenience may send due to the verification raised by our system.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Your Gameholds.com Team

* This email was sent automatically by the system,if you have any questions or response,please kindly contact us by this Email: service@gameholds.com .We will reply you asap .
* Orders placed (or emailed sent) between 11:00pm and 2:00am (GMT) will be delivered after 3:30am (GMT).
Mike

Mike to TigerLord

Mod

to TigerLord
It worked!
quote:
Dear Customer,

We hereby send to you the following item:

cd key

Please note:

As described in the item description, we sell only key to unlock the game. We don't sell or send any CDS/DVDS, or other software.
Information about possibly Downloads can be found in the item description.
Please use the code / key soon. For any inquiries, you can reach us by email, MSN or Live Chat. If there exist problems, please contact our supporters, they will try their best to solve problem for you.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

I've bought many games from G2play and Gameholds over the years. They're well reviewed. Publishers hate these types of sites, and some publishers like Ubisoft have went as far as cancelling keys sold through these sites, only to be lashed in the press and on the forums so aggressively that they restored the keys eventually.

These Chinese sites buy games by the hundreds, cut the serial out of the box and scan it. That's usually what they send. Because publishers are trying to fight piracy, Russia, China and other regions are supposedly getting huge discounts that should be reserved to this region only. These sites however sell to anyone.

That is how they keep prices low according to my research.

21.89$ is cheap for a game that isn't fully 1 year old yet but the small city sizes is turning me off.
TigerLord

TigerLord

Bigger Cities

City sizes have been a constant point of conversation among our players since we released the game. The game’s original design focused on the density of an intimate urban environment. It was about intercity connectivity and the challenge of managing a region of cities instead of one metropolis in isolation. However, we recognize that many players have expressed the desire to build up one big city rather than manage the interrelationship of multiple smaller cities.

We’ve put months of investigation into making larger city sizes, reworking the terrain maps, changing the routing algorithms of our agent-based system and altering the way that GlassBox processes the data in a larger space.

After months of testing, I confirm that we will not be providing bigger city sizes. The system performance challenges we encountered would mean that the vast majority of our players wouldn’t be able to load, much less play with bigger cities. We’ve tried a number of different approaches to bring performance into an acceptable range, but we just couldn’t achieve it within the confines of the engine. We’ve chosen to cease work on bigger city sizes and put that effort into continuing to evolve the core game and explore an offline mode. Some of the experiments we conducted to improve performance on bigger cities will be rolled into future updates to improve overall game performance.

»www.simcity.com/en_US/bl ··· -simcity

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to TigerLord

Mod

to TigerLord
yeah small cities are total shit in this game.

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

Even if they just doubled the size =-(
BigReds42

BigReds42

Premium Member

But of course they weren; go to do offline mode either lol
````

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet to TigerLord

to TigerLord
I has been $15 on Amazon a couple of times this past month and even at that price I just couldn't make myself buy it.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike

Mod

It's not worth it. People actually paid $80 for this thing.

2.5 hours until you use your space, new city. I would spend days+ in sc2k if not weeks.

Playing Sim City is like trying to watch Netflix over a 200mb ATT 4G account.

There are so many options but rewarded for min/max with street usage. Hint - Use only Heavy Street. Avenues are overpriced / too much space.

You cannot provide any services like schools, police etc because it's so expensive. I have not found justification to build level 2 civic buildings. They are like 50% of your income for a hospital for 100k population at 12% tax.

There is only demand for residential. Commercial and industry are a waste of space. Anything cool like an airport is too expensive and uses way too much space.

Sim City is a deeply flawed game even after 9... Nine major patches.

If you want a city simulator to dump massive hours in just buy Tropico 4 and Modern Times expansion.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

There is Cities XL platinum. It's not awesome but it's not EA, nor are you limited in City size. Plus there are player mods for it. It's on Steam for 30 bucks. The big plus is it's not EA.

»www2.citiesxl.com/index. ··· esxl2012

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

1 edit

ironweasel

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

There is Cities XL platinum. It's not awesome but it's not EA, nor are you limited in City size. Plus there are player mods for it. It's on Steam for 30 bucks. The big plus is it's not EA.

»www2.citiesxl.com/index. ··· esxl2012

I picked up CitiesXL Platinum during a Humble Bundle sale a couple months back. It's a passable city builder, but I much prefer SimCity 4 / Rush Hour with the NAM add-on and some other add-ons. I gave Cities XL a fair shake and it's OK, but it's not quite up to par with the older Maxis (with Will Wright at the helm) titles even though the newest version of SimCity is almost 11 years old.

I've been tempted to pick up the new version of SimCity at various price points so far, but unless it hits the $10 mark or city sizes are at least doubled, I'll keep my money out of EA's pocket.

As far as Troico 4 goes, I only have about 35 hours logged on that game, including the Modern Times expansion and it's a good game for what it is. My only gripe about Tropico is that it has a time limit in sandbox mode.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I have simcity 4 [picked up on sale at steam], and like it. Though my all time favorite simcity was simcity 2000.
It looks like the expansion pack brings back some of the mega structures from simcity 2000. Which sorta got me interested in the new version. But I refuse to pay over 20 bucks for an EA product.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by Snakeoil:

I have simcity 4 [picked up on sale at steam], and like it. Though my all time favorite simcity was simcity 2000.
It looks like the expansion pack brings back some of the mega structures from simcity 2000. Which sorta got me interested in the new version. But I refuse to pay over 20 bucks for an EA product.

Once offline mode happens you'll probably be able to pirate it and test it out to see if it is worth 20$, 10$ or zero.

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

Although I like SC4... it just looks atrocious nowadays.