uniqs

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode to ctaranto

News Guy

to ctaranto

Re: I just found out.

I should probably tinker further. I don't have an attic, but some other users tipped me off to a variety of other types of antennas I could try.

cybah
join:2000-03-09
MA

3 recommendations

cybah

Karl, check out the a TERK powered antenna. I love it. I'm at the opposite end where most of the TV stations broadcast from (here in Boston, they all come from the CBS Transmission Site in Needham), but the City of Boston and all its tall buildings are in my way. Without a powered antenna its meh.. with its far better. Except our Fox Station, no idea why it doesn't come on. This is why I have Aereo.

Also, have you checked out good ol www.antennaweb.org to see where to point your antenna to get the most signal?

(gee I signed up to DSLR 5 days after Karl did.. I guess I am an old user on here..)

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster

Premium Member

said by cybah:

Karl, check out the a TERK powered antenna. I love it. I'm at the opposite end where most of the TV stations broadcast from (here in Boston, they all come from the CBS Transmission Site in Needham), but the City of Boston and all its tall buildings are in my way. Without a powered antenna its meh.. with its far better. Except our Fox Station, no idea why it doesn't come on. This is why I have Aereo.

I have a Terk HDTVa and it's a fantastic antenna. Picks up every local OTA station, where other antennas have been lucky to pick up one or two.
floydb1982
join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA

floydb1982 to cybah

to cybah
How can this be??? There simply pulling over-the-air television using antennas and send it over the internet. So how can they say there out of capacity???

none
@army.mil

none to cybah

Anon

to cybah
They are also out of capacity in Miami. Have you tried others. I have a feeling they are not adding new subs company wide

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to cybah

to cybah
Some of us are here for a long time, indeed...

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to floydb1982

to floydb1982

Single Aero Antenna

Multiple Aero Antennas

A whole bunch of Aero Antennas
said by floydb1982:

How can this be??? There simply pulling over-the-air television using antennas and send it over the internet. So how can they say there out of capacity???

It could be that they ran out of antennas. Each user has to have their own antenna for what they are doing to be legal.

It could also be that they ran out of bandwidth and have more on order.