MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Dan A

MVM

to Dan A

Re: [Content] Report notifications of Limited Basic tier encryption here

said by Dan A:

I wish the X1 Boxes had a second tuner built in for the Picture in Picture function that my Samsung TVs have.

Is their a way I hook HD DTA into my picture in picture and get HD output to the Picture in Picture?
:

Yeah, I got the same encryption notification in the bill I received back on January 8th. I guess I should see if our local Comcast office (Eatontown, NJ) has got any HD-DTAs in yet.

As far as hooking your HD-DTA to your Samsung TV for PIP, if the PIP input jack is HDMI, then no problem.

But, I'm guessing that's not the case, though. If your TV set has an RGB/Component input for the PIP, then check out this previous thread for ideas: »[Comcast Equip] Poor Coaxial Quality 'Pace DC60Xu HD DTA'

So, you should be able to use an HDMI-to-Component converter box to make the connection, the only concern may be finding a model that supports HDCP if that becomes an issue.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

I will miss having the unmapped WCAU 10-2 Cozi TV WPHL 17-2 Antenna TV Unlike their New York Counterparts WNBC 4-2 (informercials instead of I SPY) and WPIX 11-2 (Till Death with Brad Garett instead of Mr. Ed) they don't preempt network programing.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

Yeah, I got the same encryption notification in the bill I received back on January 8th. I guess I should see if our local Comcast office (Eatontown, NJ) has got any HD-DTAs in yet.

BTW - I stopped into my local Comcast office yesterday and found that they finally got the HD-DTAs in stock. I picked one up and finally got it activated this morning: »Re: [Content] HD DTA