All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to odog

to odog

Re: [FL] Tried to upgrade SB6180 firmware, Cox says not possible?

YHPM.

And I am sorry you are in charge of that system, I meant no offense, but I still feel my opinion has merit.
VentShop
join:2009-08-21
Oklahoma City, OK
ARRIS CM8200
(Software) OPNsense
Netgear R8000

VentShop

said by Hard Harry7:

YHPM.

And I am sorry you are in charge of that system, I meant no offense, but I still feel my opinion has merit.

It also does depend on a few other factors, the manufacturer can release a new firmware every week but generally the providers are responsible for testing and deciding when to release kinda like how the cell companies are. Two companies like say ATT and TMOBILE will have the exact same phone and have different OS versions released, not all that different here.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

My main point is it shouldn't be so hard to get a firmware upgrade over the phone. I think Cox should revise it's policy of firmware update without tech on site and stop lying to it's customers. Until they do that I will never suggest a Cox home network product. I put them in the same pile of poop that I put Norton and Belkin into.
VentShop
join:2009-08-21
Oklahoma City, OK
ARRIS CM8200
(Software) OPNsense
Netgear R8000

VentShop

I agree especially with the combo devices. . . reminds me too much of the tv/vcr or tv/dvd combos let alone the desktop computer/monitor all in one devices. If one part goes bad you may as well toss the whole product. It may be a little more costly to purchase separate devices in the short term but you have a lot more options later on and if one goes bad its a lot cheaper to replace vs buying another combo.