There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven

Mod

jscript question on includes?

Hi all.
Let me preface this by saying I'm not a Java/jscript or even a web developer.

I've been asked to help out an organization that lost their real web-developer with a little maintenance and sprucing up. I warned them that I might just hose the site completely - but they need help now.

The site has a floating jscript menu (screenies below). It appears fine in any version of IE I've tried, and FireFox.

But when the same page is loaded with Chrome, the text is displaced downwards and the menu is effectively rendered useless.

I see a folder named "includes"

and from what little I know (and have read) these are loaded depending on the browser in use. So I'm wondering if there are "newer" ones for more recent versions of IE, etc., and especially if there's one for Chrome? And where I might find them?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

IE4? IE5? NS4? That whole menu structure needs to be completely scrapped and something modern used. There's probably so many hacks for specific browser that no long apply.

A basic expanding menu doesn't even need javascript. It can be completely done with CSS. Javascript may only be necessary if you need to do some more complex formatting or styling.

Morfein
Lead Peon
Premium Member
join:2004-09-08
Brownsburg, IN

Morfein to dbmaven

Premium Member

to dbmaven
Google "css menu sidebar", or "javascript menu sidebar"... a mix..

First site I saw that could be of use to you.

»cssmenumaker.com/css-ver ··· al-menus