Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos to Hawk

Numquam oblitus

to Hawk

Re: Strange Occurrence

Do you happen to recall what ads were on the login page?

Hawk
Premium Member
join:2003-08-25

2 edits

Hawk

Premium Member

said by tmpchaos:

Do you happen to recall what ads were on the login page?

Didn't notice anything unusual or ads on the "log in" screen however my full attention wasn't really there either. What turned the lights on was the five or so references it made to the board. For the record, other than the snapshot I didn't proceed with the survey. Just closed it out which took me to "my forums" page as normal. As I look closer, it opened a separate tab on my browser.
said by justin:

nothing to do with the site, 99% sure

»answers.yahoo.com/question/index···2AA5SI86

I agree! More than likely just some crapware that snuck into my machine somehow. If it happens again, I'll just go through with the survey and give the board the high marks it deserves. I'm not worried about it and the reason I posted in dev/null initially was being curious if anyone else had experienced the same.

Edit: In reading your link, (after posting of course ) "opening Wikipedia on the Google Chrome web browser" looks to be the culprit.

Issue Resolved!
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

May ask what kind of Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware you are running?
For more Internet security i would suggest using MVPS hosts file »winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Hawk
Premium Member
join:2003-08-25

Hawk

Premium Member

Of course. MSE, Superantispyware 5.7.1018 & Winpatrol. Reading your link now. Thank you for the suggestion.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

I would recommend installing Avast! Anti-Virus as well. »www.avast.com/en-us/index