uniqs
bbscript
join:2004-11-09
Gettysburg, PA

2 edits

1 recommendation

bbscript

[Rant] Delete the weather channel

DELETE THE WEATHER CHANNEL THEY ARENT WORTHY ANYMORE.
JUST LIKE DISH AND DIRECT REMOVED THEM

TIME TO REMOVE INVALID CHANNEL THE WEATHER CHANNEL ALWAYS GIVING OUT FAKE INVALID FORECASTS SICK OF THEIR SHIT

REMOVE TWC AND ADD ACCUWEATHER CHANNEL.

Split from this thread by Sunny See Profile
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

1 recommendation

joejoejeo

[Rant] Re: [Content] the weather channel local on the 8s changes?

Comcast owns twc so I don't think they will remove them anytime soon

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude

said by joejoejeo:

Comcast owns twc so I don't think they will remove them anytime soon

Its trash, all the nbc stations need to go MSNBC first!
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

no MSNBC is not the same as NBC so NBC stations should not go to MSNBC. also if you get rid of NBC stations and such then there would not be any MSNBC anymore.
also NBC merged there weather team with the weaher channels. so there is no NBC weather anymore it is all the Weather Channel's weather now.
also NBC should have another channel which would be 24 hours weather but keeping the weather channel branding
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

1 recommendation

Acct101 to bbscript

Premium Member

to bbscript

Re: [Rant] Delete the weather channel

Read a book, learn something new. It's not worth getting upset about a silly TV channel.

Expand your moderator at work

MrJitters
join:2003-11-29
East Montpelier, VT

MrJitters to bbscript

to bbscript

Re: [Rant] Delete the weather channel

Back in the day when I installed C Band dishes, TWC was good. A basic weather station, that guess what, just gave you the weather. Plus we liked the blue screen that popped up during the local segment to look for sparklies and help tune in the old Satcom F3.

Now TWC is just fluff like most of the crap that is on TV these days. It is nothing more that a weather related reality channel. TruTV for weather if you will. And what's this crap about naming winter storms. Seriously? Where do they come up with these names, anyhoo?

I agree with ACT101 that said read a book. Great advise there.

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

hortnut to bbscript

to bbscript
On our Comcast system we have 4 choices for weather -
=================================
78 Weather Channel
101 Weatherscan by Weather Channel
352 Seattle Weather
--Local Weather from using the "Menu" Button on the Remote showing it in guide like format, yet cannot find it offered, if I press the "On Demand" button.

Your offerings maybe different, on different channel numbers, called something else or who knows what.
==================================

I use these online sources - So much better than anything on TV
Have them in a folder in Firefox and then scroll down and click "Open all in tabs" -
»www.intellicast.com/Default.aspx
»weatherspark.com/
»www.wunderground.com/
»www.accuweather.com/

I use the Addon/Extension - Forecastfox on Firefox that sits on the menubar while online.

I doubt that Comcast will stop carrying the Weather Channel as in its present form it probably is making a ton of money for them.

To see all that Comcast owns outright or has an interest in, check this link, there is a lot [article says Comcast has a 51% interest and GE holds a 49% interest. But I seem to recall reading they bought out GE and control 100% of that portion now]. I knew they controlled many, but never knew who much they actually own or have a financial interest in -
»www.cjr.org/resources/?c=comcast

Ken_H
join:2004-03-15
Ann Arbor, MI
Netgear RAX15
ARRIS S33

Ken_H to bbscript

to bbscript
said by bbscript:

DELETE THE WEATHER CHANNEL THEY ARENT WORTHY ANYMORE.
JUST LIKE DISH AND DIRECT REMOVED THEM

Wrong. DirecTV is most likely the only pay TV provider in the US that doesn't carry TWC, and I can guarentee you DirecTV will pick them up again, and at that point you can bet DirecTV will rave on about TWC.

And as noted, Comcast is at least some part owner of TWC, so you can forget about Comcast dropping them.

TIME TO REMOVE INVALID CHANNEL THE WEATHER CHANNEL ALWAYS GIVING OUT FAKE INVALID FORECASTS SICK OF THEIR SHIT

?
Their forecasts are no better or worse than any other source for weather.

I always advise anyone looking for a new career to become a weather forecaster, because they are the only profession I know of that can be wrong half the time, or more, and still keep their jobs.

DaveDude
No Fear
New Jersey

DaveDude to Acct101

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

Read a book, learn something new. It's not worth getting upset about a silly TV channel.

Well you pay a portion of my bill ? This way im not paying for it , and it wouldnt be an issue
DZS
join:2007-09-09
York, PA

DZS to bbscript

to bbscript
Lol, why does it matter? Its a channel. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Just like every other channel.

DaveDude
No Fear
New Jersey

DaveDude

said by DZS:

Lol, why does it matter? Its a channel. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Just like every other channel.

But just as there are many news channels, there should be many weather channels.

WoofieInPC
Premium Member
join:2009-04-04
Panama City, FL

WoofieInPC

Premium Member

said by DaveDude:

But just as there are many news channels, there should be many weather channels.

How many different viewpoints on the weather could there possibly be? smh

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to bbscript

Premium Member

to bbscript
Click for full size
Here is all I need to know about the weather in my area. It is at the bottom of my computer screen. If need be I can go open the door or look out of the windows. For me they can take every weather station off and use the hd channel for some else.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to WoofieInPC

to WoofieInPC
said by WoofieInPC:

How many different viewpoints on the weather could there possibly be?

Not to mention who wants to PAY for more (ALL) of them...

DaveDude
No Fear
New Jersey

DaveDude

said by dishrich:

said by WoofieInPC:

How many different viewpoints on the weather could there possibly be?

Not to mention who wants to PAY for more (ALL) of them...

Well comcast should go al la carte

Freddie
@rcn.com

Freddie to bbscript

Anon

to bbscript
Comcast should delete weather channel like dslr should delete your posts, channel carriage is based n broad appeal and company ownership. Not what like or don't like. Don't like it? We'll then don't watch it.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 recommendation

Kearnstd to bbscript

Premium Member

to bbscript
losing the weather channel would not save a dime on the bill. I bet its barely a buck per sub. verses ESPN's 7-8 bucks per sub.
System

to bbscript

Anon

to bbscript
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course