spc
Search similar:

uniqs

andunn
join:2001-09-06
Willard, MO

andunn

[WIN8] Office Professional Plus 2010 Installation

I am having an issue finding this after installation. Here is my scenario.

I bought a 3 license code version of Office Professional Plus 2010 a little over a year ago. I have only installed on 2 machines thus allowing me one additional installation.

I just bought a brand new Lenovo desktop computer with windows 8. I immediately upgraded to Windows 8.1. The desktop came with the typical pre-installed programs one of those being a trial version of Microsoft Office.

I didn't do anything with the trial version, and installed my copy of Office Professional Plus 2010 and everything seemed to install okay. However, when I try to find it I can't find a folder with any installation files, but it's installed when checking in the control panel.

I can find Office Folders under c:Program files, but they say Office14.

Any help would be appreciated

Shrapnel64
Premium Member
join:2001-01-24
VA, USA

1 edit

Shrapnel64

Premium Member

Office14 is actually Office 2010.

By default, the folder location should be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14 (For 64-bit Windows but 32-bit Office installations).

Office15 would be Office 2013.

Assuming the trial version is Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, the folder location would be located under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\vfs\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE15 or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\vfs\ProgramFilesCommonX64\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE15 (For 64-bit Office installations).

This is because Office 2013 is using the Microsoft App-V (or Virtualization technology) Click-to-Run method.

When you're on the "Start" menu, just start typing "Word" or "Excel" ...the system should start a search and then you should be able to find the programs. If you right-click on the icon, you can "Pin to Start" that way you won't have to search for it each time.

andunn
join:2001-09-06
Willard, MO

andunn

Great! That did the trick! Thanks for the assistance

Thankyousir
@108.231.135.x

Thankyousir to Shrapnel64

Anon

to Shrapnel64
This fixed my issue, thank you so much.

Shrapnel64