spc
uniqs
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to NHHD99

to NHHD99

Re: [X1-X2] X2 deployment news

I have the Cloud DVR feature, there was no need for a change in the equipment for me. I have moto D3 emta with my own router. Just a quick account code change and it was up and running.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

do you have comcast internet. if so that could be the problem i am having is that i don't haver comcast internet but have the Pace X1 DVR

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

gate1975mlm to aguiar0016

Premium Member

to aguiar0016
Cool glad to hear I most likely will not have to get a new modem from Comcast just so I can use the new cloud feature. My Arris TM822G is working just fine for me.

MrJitters
join:2003-11-29
East Montpelier, VT

MrJitters to aguiar0016

to aguiar0016
said by aguiar0016:

I have the Cloud DVR feature, there was no need for a change in the equipment for me. I have moto D3 emta with my own router. Just a quick account code change and it was up and running.

Finally, a real life Bostonian who has the service!! Excellent news. Fill us in on the details. Questions:

1. Have you streamed live yet?
2. Have you streamed one of your recordings yet?
3. Does the cloud service provide any more storage space or does it just replace the on board HDD with the 500GB?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Cheers.
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

1.Yes i have streamed live, the quality it pretty nice works with little to no buffering (depending where in the house i am)
2.Streaming recordings works just the same as live TV.This comes in handy when you know you are going to be waiting for a while.
3.There is no extra storage with this, just the ability to watch/take it whenever you like.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

I wanted to know if anybody has gotten the cloud service work/setup without having Comcast internet or being connected to your Comcast wifi

MrJitters
join:2003-11-29
East Montpelier, VT

MrJitters to aguiar0016

to aguiar0016
said by aguiar0016:

1.Yes i have streamed live, the quality it pretty nice works with little to no buffering (depending where in the house i am)
2.Streaming recordings works just the same as live TV.This comes in handy when you know you are going to be waiting for a while.
3.There is no extra storage with this, just the ability to watch/take it whenever you like.

Well, that answers that. Good news. Thank you for your reply. l am looking forward to the time Comcast pushes this out to the rest of the world.

Thanx again. Cheers.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459 to joejoejeo

Premium Member

to joejoejeo
said by joejoejeo:

I wanted to know if anybody has gotten the cloud service work/setup without having Comcast internet or being connected to your Comcast wifi

Considering the entire service is built on the assumption that you're a double or triple play customer, I wouldn't count on things working.
Furthermore, because you normally need to be a triple-play sub, I think everyone here but you is a double or triple play customer. So I don't think you'll be able to get an answer to your question.
psdstu
join:2013-04-05
Marianna, FL

psdstu to aguiar0016

to aguiar0016
I'm curious about how you know the Cloud DVR feature was available to you??? Was there a prompt screen for something to download on your tv, or did you contact Comcast about it? What was the account code change?
Thanks
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

I know a few people, I was able to beta test it a few weeks before it became official.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by aguiar0016:

I know a few people, I was able to beta test it a few weeks before it became official.

Did you have to change out the wireless router (as some Comcast reps claim)? or did live TV streaming work with your existing router?
aguiar0016
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

No need to change any equipment for me. I have all 3 services with a comcast d3 emta and my own router.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by aguiar0016:

No need to change any equipment for me. I have all 3 services with a comcast d3 emta and my own router.

Great, thanks!