spc
Search similar:

uniqs

granny60
join:2002-08-01
Oriental, NC

granny60

Notice from Eubanks Funeral Home

I got an e-mail just now with a subject heading "Death Notice". It was a "special invitation" to a special event celebrating the life of a friend. It did not say who, but a link for more information. I sure was tempted, but did not click on the link. I have no friends who have died recently. Did anyone else get this e-mail?

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

onDvine

Premium Member

»www.hoax-slayer.com/fune ··· ls.shtml. Google is your friend. A search for Eubanks Funeral Home brought that right up.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to granny60

Premium Member

to granny60
How would a funeral home, or anyone else, get the email addresses of a deceased "friend"?

granny60
join:2002-08-01
Oriental, NC

1 recommendation

granny60 to onDvine

to onDvine
Thank you so much! I googled the funeral home, but found nothing about a scam. Sure am glad I didn't click on it...

mckenna797
Premium Member
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY
Netgear CM700
Asus RT-AC68

mckenna797 to granny60

Premium Member

to granny60
I got this one this afternoon.

For this unprecedented event, we offer our deepest prayers of condolence and invite to you to be present at the
celebration of your friends life service on Monday, February 3, 2014 that will take place at Eubank
Funeral Home at 11:00 a.m.

Please find invitation and more detailed information about the farewell ceremony here .

Best wishes and prayers,

Funeral home receptionist,
Rohan Sharpe

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

2 recommendations

Blackbird to vaxvms

Premium Member

to vaxvms
said by vaxvms:

How would a funeral home, or anyone else, get the email addresses of a deceased "friend"?

The departed eMailed their address list to the funeral home from ******@heaven.org (or ******@hell.gov, depending)?

bmetelsky
Premium Member
join:2005-10-16
Elyria, OH

bmetelsky to mckenna797

Premium Member

to mckenna797
said by mckenna797:

For this unprecedented event

Wouldn't the few words above give a clue.......

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

1 recommendation

EGeezer to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

The departed eMailed their address list to the funeral home from ******@heaven.org (or ******@hell.gov, depending)?

“I think, from all I can learn, that heaven has the better climate, but hell has the better company.”
--Senator Benjamin Franklin “Bluff” Wade, variations later attributed to J.M. Barrie and Mark Twain

I notice Hell is a .GOV government agency.
How appropriate

LadyL
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH

LadyL to granny60

Premium Member

to granny60
I got that one also...think it was one day last week, can't remember. I've received other emails from other funeral homes...all scams.
Only a few relatives - my kids - have my email addy and they haven't passed on either !

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA

1 edit

jadinolf to granny60

Premium Member

to granny60
I get them every day.

I have not seen my name yet.

Should have mentioned that it goes to Gmail SPAM.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to granny60

MVM

to granny60
said by granny60:

I got an e-mail just now with a subject heading "Death Notice". ... Did anyone else get this e-mail?

»www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5 ··· 224d402z

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four to granny60

Premium Member

to granny60
This and a couple of other spams are being sent by the Asprox botnet. The latest one is the fake eviction notice. I have seen 2 of these in my Yahoo spam folder in the last week.

Observergirl
@optonline.net

Observergirl to granny60

Anon

to granny60
I also got the notice but I didn't dare click the button. Just look at the return email address. It reads like "wewillscamyou.com"

Sick of spam to granny60

Anon

to granny60
Yes. I just did too. I just deleated it. But, I did know someone who died last year on this date. I wonder if they somehow got our info.

LadyL
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH

LadyL to Doctor Four

Premium Member

to Doctor Four
Got that eviction notice yesterday...yeah, right...naturally I didn't even click on the email to even read the stupid email...Subject line told me it was a scam...paid off the mortgage in '05

wiser
@comcast.net

wiser to granny60

Anon

to granny60
I just recieved an email from Eubanks Funeral Home. Did not open the lilnk.

captnhook
join:2001-02-20
NY

1 recommendation

captnhook to granny60

to granny60
It was a very lovely service.
Such a shame that you missed it.
Expand your moderator at work

Airchaplain
@fuse.net

Airchaplain to granny60

Anon

to granny60

Re: Notice from Eubanks Funeral Home

IOf you wiull right click on the email and click on properties you will note that the email address has noting to do with the funeral home. Good idea not to open. Or if you did run you malware.

GINER
@bhn.net

GINER to granny60

Anon

to granny60
YES I RECEIVED THE SAME E-MAIL AND ALMOST OPENED IT BUT DIDN'T CAUSE HOW WOULD THEY GET MY E-MAIL

Top Cop
@198.245.188.x

Top Cop to granny60

Anon

to granny60
SCAM. IF YOU OR ANYONE OPENED THE LINK: Expect a call within a few days from a blocked caller ID # and a person posing as working for an IT Technical Support firm for Microsoft.

They tell you your PC is not downloading Microsoft updates and ask you to log on. Doing so will likely enable them to hack into your system. The man had an accent from India and since the fake email address had the Indian name "Sunil" I was immediately suspicious. When I insisted he send me an email from his company to verify that they were affiliated with MS he quickly hung up.

I opened the email and the link on an Apple Iphone and not my computer. Apple does not think this virus affects Apple products. If anyone knows if the MS8.1 operating system on my tablet could have been exposed after opening the link on an Iphone, please advise. Many Thanks propeller heads! I'll let you off on your next ticket LOL.

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four

Premium Member

said by Top Cop :

I opened the email and the link on an Apple Iphone and not my computer. Apple does not think this virus affects Apple products. If anyone knows if the MS8.1 operating system on my tablet could have been exposed after opening the link on an Iphone, please advise. Many Thanks propeller heads! I'll let you off on your next ticket LOL.

Malwarebytes makes a mobile version. Look for it in the App Store or on Malwarebytes.org. It's usually pretty good about detecting and removing the latest 0-day threats.

Paula
Premium Member
join:2000-10-12
Grand Rapids, MI

2 recommendations

Paula to granny60

Premium Member

to granny60
Why wasn't I invited?

JohnBM
@bellsouth.net

JohnBM to granny60

Anon

to granny60
I just got the same "invitation". Did not go with the link and it was in my Spam folder.

Markinnc
@rr.com

Markinnc to granny60

Anon

to granny60
I got one too..

Granny 60 CA
@cox.net

Granny 60 CA to granny60

Anon

to granny60
Yes, this morning, and unfortunately I have a friend that died recently..Would hate to miss his funeral. All inquiries into the link are "closed" Inquiries to Eubanks Funeral Home show no listing of my friend. WHATS UP????
keno5net
join:2002-01-05
Milwaukee, WI

keno5net to granny60

to granny60
I got one here too. It's a good Phish I can just imagine what my Mom would do. I looked at the sending address and URL that comes up when mousing over the the link to know something was Phishy. Of course not too many people pay any attention to that stuff.

heyjewels
@comcast.net

heyjewels to granny60

Anon

to granny60
Yes, I got the notice and I did click on the link because I do have a friend whose father died recently. The link sent me to a weapons site. Simply Scam.

Lalapoo
@rr.com

Lalapoo to granny60

Anon

to granny60
Yes I just got it too. It is bogus.

badjoe
Americal Division
Premium Member
join:2003-12-04
Memphis, TN

badjoe to Paula