spc
uniqs
Sonnie
join:2010-12-11
Luverne, AL

Sonnie to Midniteoyl

to Midniteoyl

Re: [CenturyTel] Poor Line Attenuation

Clicking Edit next to that Type of Connection, then clicking APPLY connected it. Not sure why that has not been working, but perhaps I have just been clicking OK and not APPLY. YAHOO! Now, let's see if this solves the timeout issues.

Midniteoyl
join:2013-11-22
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl

Awesome.. knew it had to be simple..

Yes, now we see.. Even if it doesnt, your network is better for this change, and we will have narrowed it down.
Sonnie
Luverne, AL

Sonnie

I am going out on a limb here and saying this has fixed it. It seems like I have a new computer with new Internet connection.

:fingers-crossed:

I will report back with definite confirmation and a BIG thank you asap.

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl

Glad to hear.. Let us know..
Sonnie
Luverne, AL

Sonnie

I am going to say it is FIXED! I have not had so much as a hiccup since it connected today and there is no doubt I would have had one by now, simply because I have NEVER used it for this long without a timeout.

Thank you so VERY much Midniteoyl ... and everyone else too, but you did hang in there with me and FINALLY offer the major key to getting the fix.

Seriously... surfing and posting over on my forum is flat out awesome... even at 1.5Mbps. I get 12Mbps at my office and never thought I would get excited about 1.5Mbps, but when it isn't hanging, it is sooo much better. If you like talking home theater or audio... let me know if you join and I will give you a free Platinum membership. www.hometheatershack.com

It is still a puzzle as to why it only gave me issues on my laptop, but hey... I will take it!

Now if I can just get CenturyLink to improve my lines to the house and get me up to 4Mbps... I will be on cloud nine and order me up some Netflix streaming.

What is so crazy about this is that it has been over two years that this has been going on. Wow!
Sonnie

Sonnie

I need to also throw out a big thanks to Toby, as it appears he may have been the one who first mentioned the bridge issues. THANK YOU Toby! And again... thanks to Midniteoyl for hanging in there with me and getting me through it all. I know I could not have done without you guys.

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl to Sonnie

to Sonnie
said by Sonnie:

I am going to say it is FIXED! I have not had so much as a hiccup since it connected today and there is no doubt I would have had one by now, simply because I have NEVER used it for this long without a timeout.

Thank you so VERY much Midniteoyl ... and everyone else too, but you did hang in there with me and FINALLY offer the major key to getting the fix.

You are very welcome. Glad to help.

I will check out the forum. I do like home audio/video (even have a set of Klipsch 5.2's I got on accommodation sale for 25 cent on the dollar - originally $1100 a pair - back in the day when I worked for Soundtrack that are still some of the best I have ever heard- »www.klipsch.com/kg-5-2/details), but i wouldnt call myself an 'enthusiast' anymore
Sonnie
Luverne, AL

Sonnie

Let me know your username if it is different.

Also Toby... same offer for you if you are interested.

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl

said by Sonnie:

Let me know your username if it is different.

It be the same.. thanks.