spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Timuka3T2
join:2013-08-15
Ames, IA

Timuka3T2

[IA] Mediacom Issues - TV and Internet Service

Ever since moving into a different apartment in the same building. I have had multiple issues with the TV and Internet Services.

The issue with the TV service is the following - Missing channels, Anything under Channel 28 and some of the HD channels. I am unable watch the Super Bowl or see the news due to this.

The issue with the Internet Service is the following - Multiple disconnects random during the day or night. The modem will reboot and when i try to ask for support i get the following answers; your modem has been online and no issues we can see.

I have had to call several times to have them reset the modem due to the issue with it dropping but most of the time it comes back after it reboots however causes issue with my service

I have tried this site before and was advices to replace the modem however i told them i have already replaced it twice. I have had multiple techs out and appointments but due to issues with cell service in the apartment and work, i don't get the calls sometimes.

I tried to ask how much it would cost to get the cables replace in the building on twitter and was told that i need a letter from my apartment manager however all i wanted was the price. They told me again they would need to send another tech to repair the issue but i have already been told by other techs its an issue with the signal/cables.

Why do i have to keep having a tech look at the issue? when i have already done that and it doesn't work?

Can you explain to my why it is so hard to get someone an price/quote to get cables replaced? and see that my service has been dropping?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello Timuka3T,

I've taken a look over your signal levels and they all appear to be in range. I do show you've had some tech visits scheduled but they were cancelled. The last completed order I show was in May of 2012. Since that is the case I would highly recommend we get a technician out to take a looks at cabling, fittings, amps, splitters, and so on to make sure everything checks out. If you would like to private message me and let me know I would be happy to get one scheduled for you.