how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal

chuckkk

join:2001-11-10
Warner Robins, GA

[GA] Middle Georgia Price increases (Again)

Here we go again! Cox has just priced itself out of my budget for cable TV. Guess the next step is to climb up on the roof, re-aim the antenna, add a new feed line, and do a channel scan with the HDTV. If that's OK Cox Cable TV will be history!

VentShop

join:2009-08-21
Oklahoma City, OK

Call their retention department and tell them you want a deal. If the person refuses hang up and call back. They were running a "new subscriber only" special a few months ago that was the same price I was paying for less service. My wife called in got a better package that our current one for TV and an upgraded internet speed for the same we were currently paying and locked it in for two years.

Just because Cox is a national company don't think you can't haggle with them.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1

said by VentShop:

Call their retention department and tell them you want a deal.

same for us in 85298.
12% increase -- pushing us very near to $200/month for advanced tv, 1x dvr, 2x hd, and preferred internet (25/5).
called retentions -- no one would play ball aside from 2 year pricelock and -$15/month for a year. not playing it.
pricing out and moving towards dtv (as a comparable package will cost us even less than cox, even after the 1yr intro period).

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

kv2009

join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA

1 edit
reply to chuckkk

$18/month (combined internet/TV) increase in 70065. We called and tried to get a better deal for two days. They did discount the price some, but in the end, it wasn't enough. This was the straw that broke our back with TV service from Cox - too many price increases too often. Even after we told them DirecTV was giving us a much better deal, even with one more TV than we had with our Cox plan, the supervisor said there was nothing they could do (or would do, because I'm sure they could have done something). So in the end, we have Cox internet and that service is great, but Cox just lost a TV customer in 70065.

I'm sure we'll get a letter from Cox's marketing department every other week now asking us to come back to them. And I'm sure there will even be a good deal offered in those letters. But it will be too little too late. I know network stations like ESPN etc love to jack their prices up, but Cox should do something to CUT prices, not increase them so often.

Cox, your service is fantastic, and we loved it. Picture quality was great and we rarely ever had any problems. Nobody here wanted to leave, but you priced yourself right out of our pockets.

Termites

@cox.net
reply to chuckkk

said by chuckkk:

Here we go again! Cox has just priced itself out of my budget for cable TV. Guess the next step is to climb up on the roof, re-aim the antenna, add a new feed line, and do a channel scan with the HDTV. If that's OK Cox Cable TV will be history!

Exactly same thing goes with the Internet if people would just stick together the Internet would fall by $20. I guarantee you that.look what happen to Netflix they raised price and people left the stock price fell 60% now the price want back down and the stock is almost back to where it was..

GOOGLEFIBER $70 with tv is $120.. Now based on that my internet should be $35 or less not $60!
They need to buy out cox middle Georgia and offer that in this area,we have the air-force base here after all..

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to chuckkk

My guess is some bean counter at Cox has run the numbers and they build in a certain forecast for how many people they'll lose as a result of it.

kv2009

join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
reply to chuckkk

To make matters worse, before our new TV service installation, Cox has cut our TV package without our authorization so we don't have some of the channels we watch. I don't know who decided it would be a good idea to screw with a customer, but it isn't appreciated. And believe me, people will hear about it.

chuckkk

join:2001-11-10
Warner Robins, GA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

The other day, I returned the HDTV converter, since our tv can do open quam.
I was somewhat surprised to find that cox is not providing the all the open channels they say they are. Complicating matters, the Jan 2014 "channel lineup" lists the channel #s that a settop converter displays, not the real channel #s Turns out that they are using "RF-----" sub-channels, according to my HDTV readout.