spc
Search similar:

uniqs

nwrainmaker
join:2014-01-23
Broadbent, OR

nwrainmaker

Direct Tv Genie

Anyone have an idea how you get the Hr44 receiver to play nice with the pantech hotspot as it seems to only work with the mini genies or the hotspot never both at the same time.
I am aware of the on demand consuming alot of data but would like to use it with pandora from time to time without resetting the network in the receiver.
Will a wireless router interfacing with the hotspot resolve this conflict?

vobguy
A fool with a tool is still a fool
Premium Member
join:2003-01-21
Mineral, VA

vobguy

Premium Member

Personally I have had problems with it even having it wired to a router via ethernet. Its been intermittent at best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it says no connection. This is on both my old MBR1000 and my newer MBR1200B
vobguy

vobguy to nwrainmaker

Premium Member

to nwrainmaker
I had a thought - dont forget the 10 device IP limit, 5 if you are only getting 3G or lower

. If each of the mini genie clients take up an IP address , you may already be out of IP addresses on the Pantech DHCP server.

In that case, a wireless router might help if DHCP is turned on on the router. (of course given the limitation I mentioned before of it being capricious at times)

nwrainmaker
join:2014-01-23
Broadbent, OR

nwrainmaker

I appreciate your input although it looks pretty obvious after examining my data usage that the on demand feature consumes massive amounts of data even while it is idle...guess its not a feature I can access realistically given the caps.
Thanks again for your insight.