share rss forum feed

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

Rogers doesn't support its own equipment? I don't understand...

On the weekend I'd called Rogers for support concerning issues experienced with the RocketHub MF28B and was told by the support provider that they are not responsible for supporting issues experienced with their equipment, they're only reasonable for providing the equipment.

I asked the representative how they can provide equipment that has "Rogers" logo all throughout the interface yet they're not responsible for resolving failing units but was told it's not their responsibility.

Considering that the "RocketHub" is a Rogers advertised piece of equipment, how are users expected to resolve issues if Rogers doesn't support the functionality of this equipment?

I suppose I'm not entirely sure how Rogers works as it seems a rather different experience from other mobile internet providers.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:2

What exactly did you need help with. Rogers does provide support for their rocket hub devices.

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

said by yyzlhr:

What exactly did you need help with. Rogers does provide support for their rocket hub devices.

Thanks. Read your post, called back, explained my problem and received help.

They had to 'resend' some kind of data to the device which resolved the issue... prior to that we had to power cycle the unit every few minutes to have any kind of connection.

No idea what kind of crack the other rep was smoking but I was pretty much dumbfounded by his response. I articulate a very clear and understandable English and also reiterated my confusion over his inability to support a Rogers Rockethub and he told me in no uncertain terms that they do not support these devices. Maybe my inclusion of the "RocketHub MF28B" confused him.

The second rep did a great job but the first rep should be fired.

cepnot4me

join:2013-10-29
Severn Bridge, ON
kudos:1

My bet, you talked to Cable Internet support round 1. You talked to cellular on round 2.

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

said by cepnot4me:

My bet, you talked to Cable Internet support round 1. You talked to cellular on round 2.

Well each time I called 1-866-727-2141 so if that takes you to cable internet then I suppose that's possible but I don't believe I had the option to talk to residential internet.

Edit: Although thinking about it, both times they pulled up the account and there's only one wireless mobile device associated with our location / name / account so I'm not sure...

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:2
reply to cepnot4me

Even if that's the case, someone who isn't a total idiot would simply transfer the call to the correct department.

cepnot4me

join:2013-10-29
Severn Bridge, ON
kudos:1

We have a lot of total idiots.

I just left a house where a customer was told High definition isn't available in Ontario yet. BUT! ...... it's coming soon.. *palm face.