neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Digital modes for my FT857

I am wanting to get set up for digital modes with my Yaesu FT-857. I have the computer control cable (so I can run my radio from the computer with HRD, etc.)

I have a RigBlaster NoMic, but I am having trouble getting it set up and running. I thought about getting something different, but don't know what to get....

If it matters, I am a General, running Windows 7...

Clint_
join:2012-12-31
Salmo, BC

Clint_

I have a SignaLink USB on my FT-897 and have had no problem with it.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to neonhomer

to neonhomer
I'm using the RigBlaster Plug and Play on my 817. What kind of trouble are you having?

sabersaw
Premium Member
join:2001-08-21
Dayton, OH

1 recommendation

sabersaw to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I use this thing on my 857D »www.ebay.com/itm/EASY-DI ··· 46670079

I really like the way it works over some of the other interfaces.. It basically keys the radio and passes the audio in and out via isolators. Doesn't do the VOX type keying like some of the fancier interfaces. You have to build the kit and wire it up. But it's really a simple concept. I like simple.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

I'm looking for a old PS/2 keyboard cable so I can make an adapter to plug into the DATA jack of my radio... Sort of like this article from WestMountainRadio...

»www.westmountainradio.co ··· nomic897

sabersaw
Premium Member
join:2001-08-21
Dayton, OH

sabersaw

Premium Member

Click for full size
I'm not familiar with the west mountain interface. But I am sure any interface homebrew or otherwise can be plugged into the back of the rig. I did get some male to male ps2 extension cables and cut them in half. I was able to make up 2 interfaces with this. Note: you will probably have to shave off some of the plastic around the metal part of the plug. Don't have to swap mike cable this way.
JJV
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Seattle, WA

JJV to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
I have a 857 D with the signalink and RigBlaster Plug and Play. I prefer the signalink because it has external audio nobs on it. They both work.

JeremyB
@166.181.81.x

1 recommendation

JeremyB to neonhomer

Anon

to neonhomer
said by neonhomer:

I'm looking for a old PS/2 keyboard cable so I can make an adapter to plug into the DATA jack of my radio... Sort of like this article from WestMountainRadio...

»www.westmountainradio.co ··· nomic897

I was thinking that a PS2 extension was needed because all of the pins weren't always connected on the keyboard and mouse ones

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to JJV

Premium Member

to JJV
I was just going to bring this up. I am looking at going to a Rigblaster Advantage, but I have also been looking at the Signalink devices as well... Not sure where to go...