share rss forum feed

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Registration Setup HN7000

I have a sub in Mx trying to get their account back after vacation suspend

After the Keys get downloaded and next screen is pretty much last one where it redirects to finish off the process - he gets page can not be displayed.

Different browsers over four days and is like that Ground Hog Day movie, same thing day after day:
Setup incomplete (keys updated)

Now what?

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

Try a turbo page teardown and hit it again ?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY
reply to Liberty

He might have a pop-up blocker. After receiving the encryption keys, here's what should happen:
1. click Next
2. Click OK in the pop-up window to access registration server
3. If there's a Security Alert pop-up window click YES to accept
4. et cetera

If in fact a blocker is active, temporarily disabling the thing may permit him to complete the re-registration

//greg//
--
Former DirecPC/Direcway/HughesNet customer and forum participant since 2001

Liberty

Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Thanks Greg - However its not a browser thing unfortunately.
Back in the day, this would happen from time to time but never for days on end.

I was hoping you or Don would have heard from others with same issue currently so we could simply throw more time at it.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

Dawson Springs, KY

1 edit
reply to Liberty

Ok, but I use multiple browsers too. I have pop-ups blocked universally. The very next screen after successfully downloading keys is a pop-up. Is he actually getting the pop-up that gets him to the next server?

//greg//
--

Liberty

Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

No, instead of the popup/redirect that the browsers don't like, he gets Page can not be displayed after a long wait.
That is a new one for him & I
We learned long ago FireFox just throws a fit and tosses out an anchor.

In addition to multi browsers, he has used 3 different laptops, all with same result.

He is the alpha techno guy in the area and has done this many times over many years.

I suggested a few hours ago to point at a different bird to see if he can complete Setup that way and swing back to correct bird by pointing only.

Only thing I can think of left to try...

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5

said by Liberty:

I suggested a few hours ago to point at a different bird to see if he can complete Setup that way and swing back to correct bird by pointing only.

That is probably the best advice. As far as seeing it from others, no. There are *extremely* few registrations being run on 7000 systems these days, so any problem is not seen by many.
--
Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool traveling in a 2004 Blue Bird M380

Raminto

join:2006-02-28
Whitehorse, YT
reply to Liberty

If the registration using another satellite fails again, try factory reset (rf) the modem and clear the parameters (pc) in telnet.
--
HN7000S/.98m/2watt/Horizon1/1381 /Asus wireless/Thinkpad XP pro/Toughbook CF-28 XP pro/Asus P53e, Win7Pro.

Liberty

Tucson, AZ

Oh man, long time since I did that
telnet 192.168.0.1:1953 then rf right?

Raminto

Whitehorse, YT

telnet 192.168.0.1 "space" 1953 then rf

anonanomanom

@verizon.net
reply to Liberty

i can remember the whole "page cannot be displayed" issue that seemed to persist sometimes.

occasionally it is something screwed up on hughes end with the account

Hoping its not......
If the 'rf' doesnt work, make sure youve tried every available transponder (what few remain). i do recall sometimes other frequencies would avoid that issue.

additionally, now that i am thinking of it, too low of an xpol creates the same problem. even though xpol might be passing at say 58, its not ranging high enough to communicate properly with the registration server, thus, it times out, and you get the page cannot be displayed error. Keys will update because your still basically only receiving at that point. you dont start to transmit until clicking 'next' after terminal is authenticated. i recall having that issue with a problematic cvs store once.

Liberty

Tucson, AZ

Thanks all

I will likely hear how it went later tonight or tomorrow AM
To be continued....

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

Dawson Springs, KY
reply to Raminto

said by Raminto:

telnet 192.168.0.1 "space" 1953 then rf

Wouldn't it be simpler to use the "rescue switch" at the rear of the HN7000S, followed by a fresh SBC upload? »www.montanasatellite.com/#!hughe···ds/c1bcy . That only requires prior knowledge of his satellite and transponder assignment

//greg//
--

Raminto

Whitehorse, YT

said by grohgreg:

Wouldn't it be simpler to use the "rescue switch" at the rear of the HN7000S

Maybe it's easier that way, I just never used it. Does this rescue also get rid of all the parameters like the "pc telnet command"does?
--
HN7000S/.98m/2watt/Horizon1/1381 /Asus wireless/Thinkpad XP pro/Toughbook CF-28 XP pro/Asus P53e, Win7Pro.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

Dawson Springs, KY

To the best of my knowledge, they accomplish the same. end. If memory serves, modems prior to the HN7000S didn't have this feature. I think the telnet method started with earlier generation modems. Old-timers just carried it over, either out of habit - or just not realizing that the 7000 has a "push button /rf".

FYI, the push button access hole is pretty small. A ballpoint pen won't work. Better to use the end of a straightened out paperclip.

//greg//
--

vacationjohn

@direcpc.com

If you can't get the "If there's a Security Alert pop-up window click YES to accept",

you need to use Windows Internet Explorer 9 or prior.

Hughes Net has an expired security certificate, expired SEP2009.

Newer versions of Windows Internet Explorer do not show the dialogue box, so you can over ride the expired security certificate request and complete registration.

This worked for me and others.

Let me know how it worked for you.

BTW, go to "install uninstall programs" on the left hand side, click on "View installed updates",
then scroll down to find "Windows Internet Explorer __ (number), look close, keep unstalling W IE until you get back to 9,
then run your install and registration and the dialogue box will come up.
You can always go back to more recent W IE, if you like.

Another thing to consider is there is a new SBC file, config file for satellites, download that and install on you modem, to find new satellite information, many changes !!!!!.

John

Liberty

Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Liberty

Final chapter
He swung it to G16 and did the Registration thing there
Back to SM8 and all was good

Implies SM6 Registration server or it's link to it is broke - at this point I don't give a hoot, everyone got what they wanted - success is success...