Search similar:

uniqs
BoogaBooga
join:2004-06-12
Canada

BoogaBooga

SmartRG Eventually gives up!

Hi Guys,
I've noticed after about a week, my speed drops to sub 5mbps speeds and after I reset the modem, everything is fine.

Before:

After:

My line is pretty shitty to begin with; I just find it odd that I get 45/4 for about a week and then it just dies.

Has anyone seen anything similar? The router is an RT-16 running some version of tomatoUSB and there is no QOS enabled. The modem is in bridge mode and the network is wired.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Nope never seen this, i've had my SmartRG up for as long as 60 days without needing a reboot.
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00 to BoogaBooga

to BoogaBooga
aye, I also have no issues with my SmartRG modem.

I did have some sync issues, but that was a line issue that Bell fixed after opening a support case. No other issues since then.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to BoogaBooga

to BoogaBooga
instead of rebooting, try simply reconnecting your PPPoE session and see if that also improves it.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to BoogaBooga

Premium Member

to BoogaBooga
You mention your line is bad... how many errors do you get by that time when it gets slow.. it would be intreresting to see that stat page.

I remember back in the day on adsl1 lines some modems did not handle a large amount of errors very well over a period of time and needed a reboot to bring the performance back.
BoogaBooga
join:2004-06-12
Canada

BoogaBooga

That may be it. I will check the stats before I reset when it happens next time.