uniqs

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

Tuesday afternoon and night looks to be interesting..

In SW Ohio - the ice/snow line seems to be juuuuust west of Xenia, Ohio and I live just west of Xenia, Ohio.

I work in Mason so I will have one eye on the radar to try and get out just before the crap arrives.

And we are in line for more snow on Sunday.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

"Let it snow, let it snow"

I'm as happy as a dung beetle trapped in a manure spreader.

It's been a long time since I can remember seeing a winter worthy of the name "winter".

Hmmm.. I just remembered I need to make a trip tonight to fill up a gas can for the snow blower.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Waiting for the second school closings - kids are already off tomorrow.

It is coming down rapidly - even though the snow flakes are tiny.

Don't really enjoy the snow after it has fallen . During it is nice and pretty but so damn cold.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed
According to the weather radar, it's been snowing here for over an hour, but there's absolutely nothing going on. Not a snowflake in sight. Of course, that same radar display says it's snowing from here to Omaha. But so far, we've got Nada!!! Nary a thing! A couple of the schools have announced late openings tomorrow, but unless it really starts to dump between now and daylight, it looks like business as usual. My grand-daughter is getting really bummed out... she really wants a "snow day".

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

It will come I think. It was a little later than expected here. Odd though - a coworker had radar up at work and it showed a good bit of difference compared to the radar I was looking at. He had freezing rain when none was falling. The radar i saw had it a number of miles to the west.

Started late here - but our 2 schools closed a little bit ago.
CylonRed

2 edits

CylonRed

MVM

Looks like the heaviest is now in south Columbus.

Also looks like sleet and freezing rain is close to us coming up from cincy. Later it will switch back to snow...

Supposed to be a highway - should be able to see 6 lanes...

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed
As I sit here, looking out the window, there appears to be less than 3" of snow... and yet, they've closed the schools... again. That makes our 6th "calamity" day, so if the state legislature doesn't pass the extension, the kids will have to make this one up later on. Unless the roads are particularly ugly (I think not, because the plows have already made their passes this morning), it's certainly not the conditions that should warrant a school or business closure. There's very little wind and the temperature is right around 25ºF. Pretty much a normal winter day.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

We are on 7 and 8 snow days so far with more snow coming Sunday...

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed
I went out to clear the driveways a little after noon, and it really wasn't that bad out. In fact I even worked up a little bit of a sweat (overdressed) as I did my daughter's drive and ours. I just took out the trash to the curb for overnight collection and... Damn!!!!... it's colder than hell out there right now. The temperature is supposed to be about 24F, but the wind is blowing pretty well, so I suppose the wind chill is pretty low. All I know is that the air bit right through me in just the few minutes I was out. Crazy weather this year.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

said by Pacrat:

I went out to clear the driveways a little after noon, and it really wasn't that bad out. In fact I even worked up a little bit of a sweat (overdressed) as I did my daughter's drive and ours. I just took out the trash to the curb for overnight collection and... Damn!!!!... it's colder than hell out there right now. The temperature is supposed to be about 24F, but the wind is blowing pretty well, so I suppose the wind chill is pretty low. All I know is that the air bit right through me in just the few minutes I was out. Crazy weather this year.

I like it though. For once a winter that feels like a winter and not like the weather of the upper south.
I think I heard the weather man say it's been about a week since we last were above 30 degrees. With March approaching though, things should start warming up.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
Cortland, OH

Pacrat

MVM

Historically. we have had some pretty significant snowfalls on or about St.Patrick's Day. So no matter what happens between now and then, I never consider winter over 'til the end of March. I've also seen some pretty heavy snows on Good Friday!