uniqs
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge to dennismurphy

Premium Member

to dennismurphy

Re: Ariens deluxe 28 snowblower stalling

I bought it from HD and it was delivered by HD, no ariens dealer was involved in the process (which could cause issues here).

Tried calling ariens, 20 minutes on hold, gave up and sent them an email. Let's see what comes from that. Do they usually send someone to look at the machine, or am I going to have to drag it to a service location? I really don't have the time or the means (aside from renting a uhaul van or something) of getting it to the dealer.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Depending on how urgent the repair will be with the next big storm due to hit the North East tonight/Wed, any how handy you feel you may want to try this trick.

If it is dirt in the carb under one of the needle valves, I have made temporary fixes by doing the following:

Locate the adjustment screws on the needle valves. Usually there are 2. One on the bottom of the bowl and one on the top where the air passes through.

Unscrew each screw about 2 turns but keep track of exactly how much as you will want to put adjust them back where they were.
With unscrewed 2 turns, try to start. This should pull through any small pieces of "stuff" under the seats.

Reset screws back to original setting and try to start.

Booost
@151.190.40.x

Booost to Dodge

Anon

to Dodge
The dealer / repair shop will certainly have a truck they could use to pick up and drop off your snow blower. Whether or not that service is included for warranty repairs is another matter. Have you read your warranty?

And then the shop might very well service their own customers ahead of you. But I'm sure there's no waiting for snow blower repairs in the middle of winter!