Search similar:

uniqs

hello123454
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02

hello123454

Premium Member

What's wrong with this guy?

As a CEO I would never post anything below the belt like he did. It sounds like this guy is still in high school with the cheap blows. If I were a T-Mobile customer I'd have to call in and let them know how unprofessional their CEO is. Lines like #doingitwrong show he is trying way too hard to be cool on twitter. No one ever questions these things. If what AT&T did was so bad won't it speak for itself? By pointing it out it makes you look like you're desperate.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

2 recommendations

medbuyer

said by hello123454:

As a CEO I would never post anything below the belt like he did. It sounds like this guy is still in high school with the cheap blows. If I were a T-Mobile customer I'd have to call in and let them know how unprofessional their CEO is. Lines like #doingitwrong show he is trying way too hard to be cool on twitter. No one ever questions these things. If what AT&T did was so bad won't it speak for itself? By pointing it out it makes you look like you're desperate.

that's exactly what drove AT&T to back out...if it weren't for him and his marketing strategies, people would probably be still paying an arm and a leg for AT&T service...or at least think about moving..

you remind me of that superbowl commercial of WeatherTech...

"you can't do that"...

»youtu.be/7wTJwiPWb6I

hello123454
Premium Member

hello123454

Premium Member

Posting that on Twitter is hardly a marketing strategy lol...
It's a grown adult being childish at best.

If prices are too high then people will leave. No one is forced to buy cell service from a carrier they don't like. Why didn't these people choose TMO to begin with?

And I don't believe for a minute AT&T backed out because of a CEO saying something. If they did then they gave up too easily and paid attention to the wrong things.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

If that bothers you, don't patronize them.

The stupid AT&T commercials with the man in a suit sitting with kids discussing "Why bigger is better" are clearly targetting the idiot soccer moms.

Legere's "hip" demeanor in the Tweetersphere sounds to me like he knows what the majority of his most profitable customers are. Here's a hint; one normally finds them out there wearing saggy pants.
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

3 edits

medbuyer

said by hello123454:

If prices are too high then people will leave. No one is forced to buy cell service from a carrier they don't like. Why didn't these people choose TMO to begin with?

I didn't say that twitter post was a marketing gig. I was referring to their real marketing strategy.

Sadly also, people just don't leave because of high prices. Some of them have been manipulated to begin with. Fed the wrong or misleading info. which corporations are widely using to lure customers.

You obviously think like Randall..."I won't tweet because it's childish" or "Here are my prices, they are excellent in every way"...and that thinking my friend is what's lining AT&T's pockets with billions..imagine...paying the same price of service even if the 2 year contract has lapsed, making those subsidies pure profits.
said by tired_runner:

Legere's "hip" demeanor in the Tweetersphere sounds to me like he knows what the majority of his most profitable customers are. Here's a hint; one normally finds them out there wearing saggy pants.

I guess we both wear saggy pants? I do have the same $30 "walmart" plan that you have.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to hello123454

to hello123454
First if you think the CEO is tweeting that you are highly delusional. It's being done by some 20-something in social marketing.

I've watched more than one CEO struggle w/ using anything more complex than a flip phone and I'm talking phone executives also.

In any case, for those who watch twitter and get a rise out of it, it does the job.

Twitters whole existence is to "trend" or get the most eyeballs on a tweet, not accuracy or even in many times an actual point across. So to do that, you can't be boring OR accurate, it has to be "headline news" otherwise it gets drown out by heroine addicts or children driving the Lambos down the strip.

hello123454
Premium Member

1 edit

hello123454

Premium Member

Even if he isn't the guy tweeting he is speaking on behalf and representing him. Trust me he has full control over what is said on Twitter. There is a certain professionlism you are expected to have as a CEO making a public statement. Why did he even have to post about it if it was such a big deal? Hell I would say it's a negative in the sense that he even mentioned a competitor. If you have to say things a certain way on twitter then I don't think it's worth it. I'll take being myself over being a celebrity just to try to manipulate the sheeple any day.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

2 recommendations

ptrowski to hello123454

Premium Member

to hello123454
said by hello123454:

And I don't believe for a minute AT&T backed out because of a CEO saying something. If they did then they gave up too easily and paid attention to the wrong things.

It has everyone here talking about it as well as being posted on major websites. I would say mission accomplished.
Expand your moderator at work

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour to ptrowski

to ptrowski

Re: What's wrong with this guy?

said by ptrowski:

It has everyone here talking about it as well as being posted on major websites. I would say mission accomplished.

Gee, ya don't suppose that maybe that was the plan, do you?

Jim
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to hello123454

to hello123454
said by hello123454:

I never said it was out of the norm that he tweeted. There is a certain professionlism you are expected to have as a CEO making a public statement. Why did he even have to post about it if it was such a big deal? Hell I would say it's a negative in the sense that he even mentioned a competitor. If you have to say things a certain way on twitter then I don't think it's worth it. I'll take being myself over being a celebrity just to try to manipulate the sheeple any day.

Obviously his level of professionalism is working towards Tmobile's goals.

What's funny is that Randall's professionalism is making AT&T re-think their marketing strategies to compete with Tmobile and or save face from the misleading or such manipulative practices they've been so accustomed to.
said by hello123454:

Hell I would say it's a negative in the sense that he even mentioned a competitor.

this line reminded me of Sodastream's banned commercial as it was deemed too sexy when in fact, the last line Scarlett uttered was the dead giveaway that they didn't want Pepsi or Coke to back out as sponsors.

»youtu.be/zxq4ziu-wrI

Steve B
Premium Member
join:2004-08-02
Auburn, WA

Steve B to hello123454

Premium Member

to hello123454
said by hello123454:

The thing is, what Legere and people are doing is working quite well for them. I like the fact that he uses social media because it really makes him seem like someone most people can actually relate to and not some stuffy executive. It also makes him seem modern and in-touch with the latest and greatest. The fact that AT&T is reacting means he's doing something right. I am an AT&T customer myself. Because of Legere and his actions with Uncarrier, I have now scored a better plan that has saved me money with AT&T. This is what competition is all about. How Legere is doing it is clearly working.
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry to hello123454

Premium Member

to hello123454
AT&T are babies, too. They kicked him out of their CES party.
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

itguy05 to hello123454

to hello123454
said by hello123454:

I actually like his way of doing things. We're far too Panzy PC these days and afraid to call people out.

I'm seriously thinking of trying out T-Mo when my Verizon contract is up in June because of him. Also because I'm tired of Sharing My Paycheck with Verizon. Only thing may be home coverage bit We'll see.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven to hello123454

to hello123454
said by hello123454:

Apple was going this for years with their commercials. This is nothing different. Once your commercials program your audiences to "Think Different", they're under your control.

THXULTRA
@mooseintl.org

THXULTRA to itguy05

Anon

to itguy05
Switch now t-mobile will pay your ETF. You can do wifi calling at home works great. I dumped AT&T and don't have a single regret... If you live in a urban area coverage is great. Haven't tried my phone in rural areas but rarely go to any so not too concerned... AT&T and Verizon are complete crooks with there current plans.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner to medbuyer

Premium Member

to medbuyer
said by medbuyer:

I guess we both wear saggy pants? I do have the same $30 "walmart" plan that you have.

I think you missed the part about "profitable" customer.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat to elefante72

to elefante72
said by elefante72:

First if you think the CEO is tweeting that you are highly delusional. It's being done by some 20-something in social marketing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one doing the tweeting. Follow him and you'll see. I bet he's a bit more tech savvy then the CEO's you've watched.
amarryat

amarryat to hello123454

to hello123454
said by hello123454:

Then again, with all the press it's received, maybe it's a great strategy.

Alakar
Facts do not cease to exist when ignored
join:2001-03-23
Milwaukee, WI

Alakar to hello123454

to hello123454
said by hello123454:

As a CEO I would never post anything below the belt like he did.

Which is why you're not CEO.

haris1993
@comcast.net

haris1993 to hello123454

Anon

to hello123454
Don't you just sound like voice of net neutrality??? Lmao this guy

ShootToThril
Tell The Truth
Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Sherman Oaks, CA

ShootToThril to medbuyer

Premium Member

to medbuyer
The commercial was banned due pressure from the "Arab World" as the company factory is located in the west bank of the occupied terittories in Israel / Gaza.
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by ShootToThril:

The commercial was banned due pressure from the "Arab World" as the company factory is located in the west bank of the occupied terittories in Israel / Gaza.

I'm not going to go that route...but here's a quick search...

»lmgtfy.com/?q=why+was+so ··· d+banned

"The brand got the first draft of its Super Bowl ad banned two years in a row for directly attacking Coca-Cola and Pepsi, two major Super Bowl sponsors.

Read more: »www.businessinsider.com/ ··· SYUjrMX"

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Teenagers are the most profitable? Only if they are on a family plan. Families spend much more than some dude with a phone and tablet in his backpack.